Media bias

Flashermac

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It goes beyond not trusting them. They hate Jews and want to exterminate them, just like Hilter did.

Evel

:devil:

I guess I'll have to take your word for it. I didn't meet them all. The ones I did meet didn't seem to be full of hate.

How about Jews? Do they all hate Arabs?

In the Qu'ran, Jews are evil. (Christians sort of vary between being good and bad, depending on how useful they had been at the moment.) Never mind that when Muhammad said what he did -- or the Allah did through him, if you go in for that sort of stuff -- he was very worried that Judaism would defeat his religion. (Numerous Arabic tribes had already adopted Judaism.) It is written down in the Qu'ran for all Muslims to see that Jews are evil. That can't help but affect their feelings to some degree.

Well the Talmud has some interesting things to say about gentiles and the Old Testament is loaded with racist crap. Anybody want to open that can of worms?

I do! I do!

The Old Testament, the New Testament and the Quran are all reflections of life and society among desert peoples. The Prophet, like Moses, Abraham, Solomon and some of the early Popes, was a secular leader as well as a religous one (Jesus was never a secular leader, at least if the New Testament is to be believed). The Prophet, like Moses and Solomon, set rules for his people to live by. Some were common sense (not eating pork) or preserving tribal identity (no ther gods before me), others were simply based on long-standing practice or what was right for the moment, i.e., Mohammed's conquest of the Arabian peninsula. Widows and sisters of fallen jihadis had to be cared for, so the Prophet allowed Muslim men to have four wives. Because conquest and trade kept Muslim men outside their home communities, they were allowed to marry .

The difference is that religion has become a matter of personal piety for virtually all Christians and Jews. Even in European countries with a state church (Sweden for example -lol), the practice of religion is purely a personal choice between you and God. The state and the community no longer has any say about it.

Islam still guides every aspect of the lives of Islamists. There's no difference betwen public and private devotion. That's Hamas why has as its slogan, "Allah is its target, the Prophet is its model, the Koran its constitution: Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes." There's no group anywhere outiside the Muslim world that would take a a work of divine revelation as its constitution, nor death to be its loftiest goal. Other religions have largely reformed the Medieval crap out of their belief systems - it still dominates Islam. That's why it is ridiculous to search for anything positive in movements like Hamas or Hezbollah. I know they support the families of dead suicide bombers, but Hitler did the same with dead Nazi heros. That's hardly a reason to glorify either Hamas or Hezbollah. The other reason anyone can have for supporting Hamas or Hezbollah is if they share the goal of pushing the Jews into the sea.

The guys on this forum who wrote in praise of Hamas and Hezbollah are either: 1) not well informed; 2) naive; or 3) true believers in the tradition of the The Protocols of the Elders of Zion . There aren't any other possibilities.

Evel

Well the Talmud has some interesting things to say about gentiles and the Old Testament is loaded with racist crap. Anybody want to open that can of worms?

I do! I do!

The Old Testament' date=' the New Testament and the Quran are all reflections of life and society among desert peoples. The Prophet, like Moses, Abraham, Solomon and some of the early Popes, was a secular leader as well as a religous one (Jesus was never a secular leader, at least if the New Testament is to be believed). The Prophet, like Moses and Solomon, set rules for his people to live by. Some were common sense (not eating pork) or preserving tribal identity (no ther gods before me), others were simply based on long-standing practice or what was right for the moment, i.e., Mohammed's conquest of the Arabian peninsula. Widows and sisters of fallen jihadis had to be cared for, so the Prophet allowed Muslim men to have four wives. Because conquest and trade kept Muslim men outside their home communities, they were allowed to marry infidels, but Muslim were (and still are today) strictly forbidden to marry a non-believer.

The difference is that religion has become a matter of personal piety for virtually all Christians and Jews. Even in European countries with a state church (Sweden for example -lol), the practice of religion is purely a personal choice between you and God. The state and the community no longer has any say about it.

Islam still guides every aspect of the lives of Islamists. There's no difference betwen public and private devotion. That's Hamas why has as its slogan, "Allah is its target, the Prophet is its model, the Koran its constitution: Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes." There's no group anywhere outiside the Muslim world that would take a a work of divine revelation as its constitution, nor death to be its loftiest goal. Other religions have largely reformed the Medieval crap out of their belief systems - it still dominates Islam. That's why it is ridiculous to search for anything positive in movements like Hamas or Hezbollah. I know they support the families of dead suicide bombers, but Hitler did the same with dead Nazi heros. That's hardly a reason to glorify either Hamas or Hezbollah. The other reason anyone can have for supporting Hamas or Hezbollah is if they share the goal of pushing the Jews into the sea.

The guys on this forum who wrote in praise of Hamas and Hezbollah are either: 1) not well informed; 2) naive; or 3) true believers in the tradition of the [i']The Protocols of the Elders of Zion [/i]. There aren't any other possibilities.

Evel

Islam still guides every aspect of the lives of Islamists. There's no difference betwen public and private devotion.

It may guide every aspect of RADICAL Islamists lives but there's a full range of Muslim believers just as there's a full range of Jewish and Christian believers. The spectrum goes from rabid fundamentalist to mildly secular. You've used the term 'moderate' yourself several times. I know it's hard to deal with the grey areas Evel but you really should stop making these blanket statements.

This is true. My buddies here are really pissed off that they've been labeled terrorists when most of 'em like Westerners and actually identify with us.

They're really cool people.

Though I did meet one chick who carried one of those counters that people use to do surveys, you know the clicker things..

She was always clicking it and I asked her about it.. she said, oh, I say the name of Allah 11,000 times a day.. I replied.. "Oh... right".

She liked Christians and Buddhists, but Damn she hated Hindus.

Most Muslims I've met identify with Cristianity to a degree.. even if they do consider them lower as the prophet Mohammed was the "Last" prophet.

Archived