Media bias

Flashermac

I was mainly talking about Hamas and Hezbollah and they are RADICAL Islamists. I have nothing against moderate Muslims - I'd be happy to share a beer and bag of pork rinds with any of them any day.

Again, the reason I wrote most of this was because of the effusive praise being heaped on RADICAL Islamist movements, such as Hamas and Hezbollah.

Evel

:devil:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, the reason I wrote most of this was because of the effusive praise being heaped on RADICAL Islamist movements, such as Hamas and Hezbollah.

Evel

Got an example of that?

As for beer I've shared many a beer with Arabs in Baghdad cafes by the river...back when it was safe to go there.

I got rotten drunk with some guys from Bahrain in the Grace one night too come to think of it.

I was mainly talking about Hamas and Hezbollah and they are RADICAL Islamists. I have nothing against moderate Muslims - I'd be happy to share a beer and bag of pork rinds with any of them any day.

Evel

As long as you put Bush's neocons as a radical Christian movment that we should get rid of I have no problem with that :)

How many have died at the ands of Hezbollah in comparison with Bush's forces?

More media bias....

Israeli press frowns on ceasefire plan.

Many Israeli newspapers are unenthusiastic over the UN resolution calling for a ceasefire in Lebanon.

As well as pessimism over the resolution itself, there are harsh words for Israel's political and military elite over their conduct of the conflict with Hezbollah.

The country's most popular daily, Yediot Aharonot, stands alone in hailing UN Resolution 1701 as an "incomparable political achievement".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4788321.stm

Again' date=' the reason I wrote most of this was because of the effusive praise being heaped on RADICAL Islamist movements, such as Hamas and Hezbollah.

Evel

:devil:[/quote']

Got an example of that?

Sure I do, Chuck. I also hope you don't play poker, you have the unfortunate habit of calling the guy who is holding the high cards.

But I am sorry to taken so long to get back to you. I write for a living and I'm a bit like the P4P girls in Bangkok. If I'm not getting paid, it has to be a whole lot of fun before I do it for free. Sifting through threads to find documentation of statements I remember isn't my idea of fun. But the most fun I can have outside the Eden Club is tweaking the noses of the terminally political correct.

Many pages of the "Crisis in the Middle East" thread have praise of both Hezbollah and Hamas, but here's one example:

Link

Scroll down to posts #518170 (praising Hezbollah) and #518212 (saying Hamas is the Sinn Fein of Palestine). Remember, Hamas was the organization that says in its Covenant that the situation in the Middle East can be explained by the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

This is the opening paragraph of the Program of Hezbollah, published on Feb. 16, 1985:

"Our Identity

We are often asked: Who are we, the Hizballah, and what is our identity? We are the sons of the umma (Muslim community) - the party of God (Hizb Allah) the vanguard of which was made victorious by God in Iran. There the vanguard succeeded to lay down the bases of a Muslim state which plays a central role in the world. We obey the orders of one leader, wise and just, that of our tutor and faqih (jurist) who fulfills all the necessary conditions: Ruhollah Musawi Khomeini. God save him!"

And the final paragraph, on Israel:

"The Necessity for the Destruction of Israel

We see in Israel the vanguard of the United States in our Islamic world. It is the hated enemy that must be fought until the hated ones get what they deserve. This enemy is the greatest danger to our future generations and to the destiny of our lands, particularly as it glorifies the ideas of settlement and expansion, initiated in Palestine, and yearning outward to the extension of the Great Israel, from the Euphrates to the Nile.

Our primary assumption in our fight against Israel states that the Zionist entity is aggressive from its inception, and built on lands wrested from their owners, at the expense of the rights of the Muslim people. Therefore our struggle will end only when this entity is obliterated. We recognize no treaty with it, no cease fire, and no peace agreements, whether separate or consolidated.

We vigorously condemn all plans for negotiation with Israel, and regard all negotiators as enemies, for the reason that such negotiation is nothing but the recognition of the legitimacy of the Zionist occupation of Palestine. Therefore we oppose and reject the Camp David Agreements, the proposals of King Fahd, the Fez and Reagan plan, Brezhnev's and the French-Egyptian proposals, and all other programs that include the recognition (even the implied recognition) of the Zionist entity."

Evel

Archived