Quiet here

Yehtmae

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With every change comes a period of adjustment. Every software change in my profession (real estate) generates a boatload of griping, and sometimes it is valid. The fact that this software is proven heads off the most serious complaints, as too many times members become the beta testers. It seems that khunsanuk is willing to listen to input to make the change as smooth as possible. As one who has been around for 3 previous versions, I find this one the best.

As far as things being quiet, it does seem that the most vocal repetitive bitchers/moaners/gripers have been banned or gone elsewhere... I say good riddance as it gets tiresome reading post after post of small egos testing their mettle in never-ending pissing contests.

Keep up the good work khunsanuk!

I'm open to suggestions, which is why I posted the proposed forum list. The only feedback I got was for adding another few forums.

It's simply a choice of strategy. A lot of forums means that there is the possibility of catering to people with very diverse tastes and interests. For instance, the forum family life brings the possibility of discussing family matters, something that was simply unheard of in the old Delphi days. But if there simply isn't enough interest in a separate forum, I think it would be wise to clean up the board and reduce the number of forums.

In your case, I would give the current set up a chance, and simply evaluate after 6 months or so.

cheers!

Hi,

"it would be helpful if when replying a post you could read the post of who you are replying to as you could before."

You can. When replying click the 'Click to Review other posts in this topic' link. This opens up the entire thread in a frame at the bottom of the page.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Soongmak :

"In your case, I would give the current set up a chance, and simply evaluate after 6 months or so."

That is the general idea, yes.

Some of the subforums may very likely get removed as they don't seem to get much traffic (thinking of Movies and Teaching here).

liquidflux :

"Only thing I'm not really liking is that I still see the same number of new posts displayed when I return to the main index from reading a message."

That sounds like a caching problem. Have you checked the cache settings in your browser?

Sanuk!

KS,

I realize exactly how much of a pain in the ass it was to upgrade boards and how accomodating you are being to bring the board up to everyone's acceptable 'standards'.

The thing about 'standards' is that there is nothing ever standard about them.

Keep up the good work. I will try to do my part by making an interesting post or two...thanks.

Archived