Quiet here

Yehtmae

'I disagree a bit on having to read all the forums. I for instance do not care about sports, so never read it. Same for accommodation, trip reports, etc'

i have to agree.

there are many Threads that i cannot input any knowledgeable posts and therefore do not bother reading them.

i actively take part in 5/6 Sections and i do it for the enjoyment that i get.

i do not have the time to read about Relationships or Accomodation which involve Thailand.

i am not there and subjects like that do not concern me as i can offer very little help.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i do not have the time to read about Relationships or Accomodation which involve Thailand.

Sajann,

You should check out the Relationships forum as the Drogon saga is the only interesting thing here in months :smirk: .

I'm not even sure why I continue to login and read everyday, except that I am a creature of habit. The Nightlife section here is pretty much dead. I guess everyone has grown up and moved on. I sure hope I never grow up :) .

Ranger

If the number of posts is average, maybe the "problem" is the absence of any heated arguments here. Here is a theory: the board is maturing, meaning that its members, on average, have now spent more time in Thailand, and therefore now appreciate and understand that there are pros and cons to LOS (not only pros) and statements that previously seemed controversial to some, say, Thailand is a violent place or Thailand has a serious corruption problem, no longer elicit virulent denials. (Perhaps this theory will liven things up a bit. :smirk: )

Hi,

Is there anything specific you do not like? Or that makes it feel cold and distant?

Are you missing Nana by any chance? :)

Seriously though, I would really like to know as it is in my best interest to keep as much members happy as possible.

Sanuk!

IS it possible to make the left hand side of the posting made larger? This is the panel with the pictures, username, etc. I would feel happier knowing my name/ picture is on some REAL online internet form in a bold display. Kind of like having your name on Broadway.

Shit.

Well, do you still believe a farang would stay in LOS after being kidnapped, robbed of 100's of thousands of USD, and threatened with death by crooks associated with the Thai police?

The most important aspect of that story was this: the members of this forum who have lived here the longest agreed that many of the most disturbing aspects of that story could easily happen in LOS. I don't know if the entire story was true, I suspect we will never know and I strongly suspect we weren't told the entire story, but many of the events described in that story were entirely plausible. That is why the story so troubling.

Remember that some members here used to describe Thailand as blissful paradise where sex was readily available and much less violent than anything you would find in the US. You don't see those sorts of claims here so much anymoe.

You don't see those claims so much anymore because they were built on a house of cards that couldn't stand up to any serious scrutiny and are inconsistent with real-time on the ground experience in LOS. These claims were premised and evidenced on the ridiculous claim that Thailand is "by any metric" safter than the US.

That was the argument in a nutshell, and it was very easy to show that this assumption was demonstrably false.

We don't hear those sorts of arguments and claims anymore. We don't hear them because (a) perceptions about Thailand are maturing based on actual experience in LOS (stay here long enough, and you will learn that this rose-tinted view of LOS bears no resembalance to reality) and (B) the facts are out there to easily demonstrate that these sorts of arguments and claims are complete nonsense.

The board is more quiet because some members have grown up and realized that many of the positions they previously took were totally ridiculous. :stirthepo

Hi,

Not sure what to do about the subforums as most of them were requested by a bunch of people, and not another bunch of people thinks there are too many.

Which forums do people think could be combined? (I'll likely remove the Movies subforum in Arts, but other than that I am really not sure which forums we can do without).

Sanuk!

Archived