Quiet here

Yehtmae

Hi,

"KS can you rig it so we can pick our own personal skin, Nanaplaza or Thai360."

Yeah, I think so. I'll have a look, but it might take a few days. Busy at work and will not be around this weekend.

Would just a new header (i.e. the Nana header) do? And perhaps some of the colors? A full skin including all the buttons would be quite a bit of work.

Sanuk!

For me the look and feel of a site is everything. If you could toggle between a Nanaplaza and Thai360 header that would be nice. And use the same old colors.

I'm in agreement with the overall sentiment expressed by everyone.

OT

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Are you missing Nana by any chance?

Gods no. Some of us do have a shuftie around the board while at work. The new header is *much* preferable....

The only hassle now is those bloody avatars which can be a bit eye catching (and some that you *really* don't want flashing away at work)...

-j-

Hi,

Have you tried Active Topics, rather than Recent Posts? That one just lists the threads with new posts, rather than all the new posts. Clicking a topic will take you to the first unread posts in the thread.

Looking at the board stats, less than 8% has a resolution set to lower than 1024x768. I therefore made a call to base the design on 1024x768. The sidebar is necessary for advertisement without which this board can not survive. Please do not take this the wrong way, but Board Sponsors can turn the sidebar off, which may be the answer to your problem here.

???? Not sure what you mean here. The buttons all work fine for me. What browser are you using?

Active Topics is not real useful because they are ordered by when the topic was started, not by the latest activity. So what's being discussed rarely shows up there. It's also buried thousands of pixels down and I rarely scroll down that far to see it.

Just because I have a high screen res doesn't mean I want the browser taking up the whole thing. This board has width requirements higher than anything else so it forces adjustments.

I'm running IE on XP SP2. When the mouse is at the very edge of "MAIN" on the blue link bar across the top, but not inside the text, clicking doesn't do anything yet the button is lit up gold telling me I should be able to click. I have to make the mouse travel further and touch the actual text at which time the text underlines.

For me, the look is a tiresome affair. Comparatively, other message boards are comforatble and easy to drive in my opinion. Google groups has good ergonomics to me (though their moderation is crap compared to here).

Hi,

"Active Topics is not real useful because they are ordered by when the topic was started, not by the latest activity."

Ah, was not aware of that. I might be able to fix that though.

"Just because I have a high screen res doesn't mean I want the browser taking up the whole thing."

I'm sorry, but I need to extra space for ads without which this board will cease to exist.

"When the mouse is at the very edge of "MAIN" on the blue link bar across the top, but not inside the text, clicking doesn't do anything yet the button is lit up gold telling me I should be able to click. I have to make the mouse travel further and touch the actual text at which time the text underlines."

Again, I had not noticed this and this too might be fixable. No offence though, but I do think this is nitpicking.

Sanuk!

Hi,

The Recent Posts says 1690 posts in the last 7 days, an average of 241 posts / day, which is fairly average.

Sanuk!

I do agree with the original poster that it seems quiet here, and I also think it is a "chore" to keep up with everything that is on the board. Now if the total number of posts hasn't gone down, I think it simply boils down to having simply too many forums. I counted 26 forums and 16 subforums. That means I have to check a total of 42 (!) forums to read all that is on here. and in every forum there is on average (241/42=) less than 6 posts. That gives the appearance of less activity, IMO. I already thought the old board had too many categories, but this one has even added to it. Too much of a good thing, IMO.

Cheers!

You know why it is so quiet up here?

Because there are not enough new and YOUNG posters comming in.

A lot of old geezers who bitch and mourn, if their "old room" changes in colour or style are in the majority. "Everything was better in the past"

No new contense, no new opinions, no new fights at all.

Instead a constant repitition of the favorite topics:

1.) Who got banned when, by whom and why?

2.) Is Eden cheating on the timing?

3.) Who accused who with his post/PM?

4.) Are Thais honest/dishonest; racist/non-racist; smart/dump.....

5.)Who got the longest, biggest, most powerfull dick?

6.) Who's post make other members get an erection?

7.)......

If I go to a bar, I go there to

1.) get a drink

2.) Meet folks I can have a good time with

3.) Talk to some nice BGs/Barstaff

If two or three of those preliminaries are not met, I stay away. I definitely do not choose a bar by the wallpaper.

So stop whining about the setting and tell us something interesting about LOS.

Let's discuss and maybe have a - clean - fight!

MaW

Hi,

"I already thought the old board had too many categories, but this one has even added to it."

I'm open to suggestions, which is why I posted the proposed forum list. The only feedback I got was for adding another few forums.

I disagree a bit on having to read all the forums. I for instance do not care about sports, so never read it. Same for accommodation, trip reports, etc.

Anyway, I am open to suggestions, but it is difficult when some ask for specialized forums and others want only general forums.

Sanuk!

Archived