Quiet here

Yehtmae

I'm puzzled.

Why do I no longer have urge to visit here? I still check here once a day or so, but now it seems like a chore more than a pleasure.

It seems that a lot of soul has gone out of the place and it's a bit like visiting an old pub and finding that the regulars have moved onto other bars, the beers warm, the foods shite and all the old bar staff have been fired.

Or is it just me?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree somewhat but realize these things can fluctuate.

Quite a few high profile posters have also gone AWOL which is bound to have some effect.

IME, it's always an especially sensitive period when websites change formats/lay-outs. However, I have no doubt that T360 will pick up again (in case activity has gone down, which I of course don't know).

There are also some other reasons for the change of mood here, I think. For the time beeing I'll keep these reasons for myself though.

Best way to change things around though is of course to contribute yourself. :)

I thought it was just me. I at times feel it may be time to remove it from my favorites. The new board has a cold, distant feel about it. Wading through the clutter tires me; I thought I might get used to it in time, but haven't. People polled mostly said they like the new board better so I know I am in the minority so just haven't said anything.

I'm posting less to, but more for excessive work. Although I have not 100% warmed to the new format yet, but I'll get there.

In a few weeks tho', I go missing as I will then have very little to post about. Oh well, that's life.

Cheers,

SD

Why would you ever remove anything from your favorites/bookmarks?

I would suggest that everyone takes a poke around the "My Fusion" area of the navigation as there are some things you have some control of.

I also see a good deal of differences, but it's what you can't see that makes up the real change. Try to think of it as you just walked from one room in a bar, into a different room. The old room was comfortable and familiar, but not meant to hold the same capacity crowd of the new room. It will take some getting used too, but it is a better piece of software.

Any time there is a major shift like this there can't help but be some cannibalization...hope that people stick around.

Hi,

"I would suggest that everyone takes a poke around the "My Fusion" area of the navigation as there are some things you have some control of."

Right. You might also want to check out this thread which explains some of the new features.

"Any time there is a major shift like this there can't help but be some cannibalization..."

To be honest, I was actually fairly pleasantly surprised by the lack of complaints that usually follow a major move :)

"hope that people stick around."

Absolutely agree here, so if there is anything you do not like, by all means let me know and I will see what I can do to fix it.

Sanuk!

Archived