Medical insurrance?

drogon

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually take out a 12 month travel insurance policy which covers me for full medical. I have other friends who work in LOS and do the same. Mine costs me $400 AU a year. My friends wife was diagnosed with a tuma last year. All med expenses paid for including flights hotel etc for both. Just another way of covering yourself. They both have 12 month work permits. Not sure what your status will be.

I will be with a work permit, (renewable each year?)

As I travel with a non immigrant visa B and then will convert it to a resident visa.

Could you please khunsanuk and bust1 PM me the details of your insurrances please? Rates, adress of the company, advantages etc.. Thanks a lot

I'm in the same boat when I move to Chiang Mai in October. Just out of curiosity, do employees of Thai companies not receive medicalcoverage with the job (I'm assuming that employees of foreign companies who are working in LOS do receive medical coverage from work)?

Drogon,

I have Europ Assistance out of Belgium, covers medical fees up to 1.250.000 euro, but they will try to repatriate you as soon as possible to Belgiumburi, considering you are covered there by social security. That's my situation anyway.

It works, I was in deep trouble and hospitalised in Bumrungrad for 10 days. Cost 250k baht. Insurance cy paid ticket and hotel for wife and sent cardiologist over to take me back and deliver me to Belgian hospital of my choice, where I got BETTER medical treatement than in LOS.

Cost of Europ assistance one year must be around 140 euro? Don't have exact figure right here. Fortis Bank gives 10% discount if paid thru them.

Covers you for trips not exceeding 180 days.

Drogon,

I just checked BUPA and coverage is lousy at best.

I live around Udon Thani and visit Belgiumburi at least every 6 months, I have ongoing social security in Belgium, do my check-ups and dentistry there and replenish my medication (heart patient)

The only requirement is you need to return to belgium every 180 days and stay a min of one week, from the conditions I rember (will check contract)

I will be with a work permit, (renewable each year?)

As I travel with a non immigrant visa B and then will convert it to a resident visa.

Drogon, you never fail to amaze me, you dont know the first thing about School Fees, Finding an Apartment, F&B Business or Health care but now you are going to get a resident visa.

Please tell me how the fuck you will manage this.

Minimum requirements are

You must have completed 3 continuous years of non-immigrant 1 year extensions

You must be able to show 3 years of Thai Tax Certificates (even if you are not working)

Then you are allowed to apply, Applications for the PRP are only permitted during one short period in the year (usually December). The committee consider applications for about 5 months, then you will be called forward for an interview. If you succeed you will be 'offered' the PRP some time later. Generally the whole process can take up to a year. Remember this is a privilege that the Thai government offers to only 100 people of each nationality each year.

Archived