UEFA Champions League

ultras67

i'm having problems at the moment and can't seem to get off the jetlag which is unusual for me.

therefore i fell asleep during the 2nd halves of both games......... :doah:

not surprised i fell asleep through the Chelsea/Liverpool game as it was quite boring in the 1st half.

happy when MU scored and then sat there dumbfounded when Kaka got the 2 Goals due to utter shite defending.......... :cussing:

wtf was Evra doing trying to decapitate Gabby?.

but missed the whole 2nd half and will get round to watching it sometime before the 2nd leg.

my take on the 2nd legs.

should be a better game at Anfield as Liverpool have to win,any sort of draw is not good enough.

MU do not need to win but i think the defensive problems will be their downfall.

they might score but i can see Milan definately scoring.

if they do then MU will have to attack and i think Milan will play the percentages game and run the clock down.

MU have a bad record in Italy but i was in Turin in 99 when they beat Juve........ :yay:

i still don't know what Fergie will do about the situation of yellow cards.

the Players concerned have to play but a silly challenge or wrong decision by the Ref could mean they miss the Final if reached.

it would be a tragedy if Scholes missed his 2nd Final and no matter what people think of Ronaldo it wouldn't be the same if he missed the Final.

but i think Chelsea and Milan will edge their games.

i really hope i am wrong............

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Milan football team would be a boxer you would call them a "stinker" for sticking a needle in you and then hiding the entire time to suprise you with another needle! When you see the 2 Munich Games and the Manu game, they have scored 5 goals out of 6 possibilities! I don't understand why a team with such an effective offense rather likes to defend instead of playing out their strength!

The ManU game was very exciting

and I thought the Chelsea-Liverpool game was very good in the first half too, I just don't think that Liverpool had the individual class of Chelsea. Jose pretty much has the same strategy as Milan, score a goal and hide! That is the only reason why Liverpool had a 2 or 3 opportunities, if Chelsea would have continued attacking then Liverpool wouldn't have a shot at all! They kicked out a couple of good teams like Barca, because the English game was way too fast for their BallArtists but playing an English team like Chelsea is a huge difference. I don't see Liverpool have a real chance here, not even at the Anfield Road! It will be a typical 1:1 game, Chelsea will score 1 goal because they don't want to score more and Liverpools strikers don't have the quality right now! Kuyt was looking like a school boy against the Chelsea defense and Crouch has not too many skills anyways!

WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY OH WHY DID RAFA PLAY ZENDEN? :dunno::( :thumbdown: :mad::cussing:

It's like giving the other team 2 goals headstart. :banghead:

(On some other board, I saw some other Liverpool fan had taken the signature: "Zenden - Bosmans aren't always free." :D )

But really, why did Rafa do it? You need an away goal, Ferreira's been crap all season and is vulnerable to pace. Gonzalez is left footed, speedy, has a trick or two, and has been playing better recently. Zenden is left footed, slow, has no tricks. Who do you play? :doah:

Or... Pennant has been looking much better recently and is one of the few other Liverpool players with speed and trickery. Why not play him on one wing with Stevie G on the other?

Or... Bellamy is fast and tricky and can do a job on the wing.

Any of those players could have posed a threat attacking Chelsea's weak point. They may be inconsistent but.. at least they give you a hope! With Zenden, there's no hope at all. :(

Wish I had an answer to that question. Zenden is total crap. Rafa thought he could turn him into a defensive midfielder who could also provide something in attack when needed and to be honest he looked ok in that role for Middlesboro. But for me I can't wait until he is shown the door. :cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

some omens which worry me..........

Head-to-head

AC Milan and Manchester United have met seven times before in European competition, United winning three and AC Milan the other four. Milan have won all three matches played in Italy, all without conceding a goal. The Italians have knocked United out each time they have met in Europe.

AC Milan have hosted English clubs on 11 previous occasions and are yet to lose, winning six and drawing five. Manchester United have visited Italy 12 times, winning just twice and losing nine times.

AC Milan have struggled in recent home matches, losing 0-2 to Lille OSC, requiring extra time to beat Celtic 1-0 and drawing 2-2 with Bayern Munich.

Manchester United have lost three of their five away matches in this season's Champions League, winning only at Benfica and Lille.

Gabriel Heinze, Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Scholes (Man. Utd) and Paolo Maldini (AC Milan) will be suspended for the final if they receive another caution and their team progresses.

Kaka has scored nine of the 15 AC Milan goals in this year's Champions League, and has more goals to his name in the Champions League than in Serie A this season.

Wayne Rooney could become the first English player ever to score in four successive Champions League matches.

This match will be Manchester United's 127th in the Champions League, equalling Real Madrid's record.

and breaking news........

Shevchenko has been told he would not be starting against Liverpool and immediately declared he has an injury and unfit to travel to Liverpool on Tuesday.........oh dear.

i still believe Sheva was not a Moaner purchase and that thinks that Sheva has not adapted to the PL.

been talk recently of Moaner and Roman sorta making up but this might rekindle the coldness between them.

Sheva is a waster anyway.

why did he leave Milan after so much success?.

i doubt it was for a new challenge in another Country,but one last pay-day in his latter Years aided by his Russian friend.

i don't think he is deserving of a definate starter at the moment.

fuck me,i would sit on the bench for 60 minutes twice a week for the money he is earning.

why bother playing and wasting energy whilst my bank balance is increasing by an obscene amount each minute.........

Archived