BANGKOK GIRL - typical TV documentary coming up..

Chanchao

Sex Tourists dont make a location, they just take advantage of it.

Thailand might be the excemption of the rule! This statement does not apply to Thailand! More than 8 million sex tourists travel to Thailand every year, how can you say they don't make a location? BKK is the capital and the red light areas have been there forever, the governments double standards doesn't allow any growth. The proportions of the red light districts and the "regular" places are totally out of balance. BKK is trying to show an appropriate face and yet they haven't been able to change their image in the past 30 years! What what about Pattaya? This city is made for sex tourists by sex tourists. If you build it they will come! They came and they are still building!

If there wasn't sex tourism, BKK wouldn't have 20% of the hotels, of the bars, of the lounges, of the restaurants, BKK wouldn't be half as attractive for companies to settle down, don't forget that foreign companies can not own themselves and still they come! There are other cheap asian countries with a way better infrastructure, with less hassle to get permissions, countries where people speak wy better english! The growth of Thailand was built on the sex tourists. Pull out the prostitution out of the country entirely and you can see how this country will fall into pieces within 1 year! Hotels, Restaurants, Lounges etc.. all will die, even the north will die because all the farmers rice, fruits, meat has no buyers anymore, the income from the working girls will be gone etc.. Pulling out the prostitution would have an effect like a nuclear bomb on that country! Sex tourists built this countries structures and now it is about 20 years too late that Thai people had a real chance to be independend from us!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said Sex Tourists dont make the prostitutes, they come and take advantage, here and elsewhere regardless what Daily Telegraph hype you read. It's the worlds oldest profession and was in all places long before sex pats became fashionable.

20% blah blah blah, I hear newbies run these numbers every year. 8 million sex tourists every year? 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

OK - How many tourists every year does thailand get? Ever walked around Samue/Phuket/Chaing Mai, FARK even Sukhumvit, and seen the number of single men Vs couples? Go away and work the numbers out, your way off base.

Even Pattaya a shit hole that has a lot of sex in it, a huge percentage is non single male.

DOG

"...Pulling out the prostitution would have an effect like a nuclear bomb on that country! Sex tourists built this countries structures and now it is about 20 years too late that Thai people had a real chance to be independend from us!..."

If this were true, then you would think poorer countries like Nepal and India would be hyping se toirism and encouraging Prostitution as a means to eliviat poverty...on the other hand, I say we stop going to LOS for 1 year, let them plkunge into poverty, and thus the prices will be lower when we return! Good plan let's get it going!

Side rant, during the Mark Karr crap, some "Experts" on the radio here were saying "...over 20 million sex tourists a year go to Thailand for a sex holiday with underage kids..." assholes report it like fact, and bigger assholes believe it...sad and pathetic really...

As I said Sex Tourists dont make the prostitutes,

That business is a very dynamic! Prostitutes make themselves to prostitutes, they put themselves on the market and we fly across the world to buy! Would they still doing it if nobody came?

20% blah blah blah, I hear newbies run these numbers every year. 8 million sex tourists every year? 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

13 to 14 million Tourists every year, aprox 8 million sex tourists! Fact!!!

#1 country in the world for recurring tourists within the same year!

Even Pattaya a shit hole that has a lot of sex in it, a huge percentage is non single male.

what you consider huge? I agree that Pattaya is trying to establish a secondary market next to the majority of sex tourists but the number of families is not huge yet compared to the single men! The majority IS sex tourism!

Why beeing so pretentious? If you ever banged a hooker before you became a resident this makes you a sex tourist! Which foreign man has never payed for sex in Thailand? Do you have another number than 55555 for me?

Phuket, Chiang Mai, Samui, Hua Hin etc.. is for families, Pattaya is for sex and BKK got it all combined!

I watched the movie/doco last night and thought it was pretty good as these things go. That was definitely one of the small Clinton Plaza bars.

Some things puzzled me about Pla though....she seemed like she was being a bit TOO cute at times and her English was quite good. Also her death at the end seemed a bit contrived....is there any hard evidence for it?

A single brothel on Rachada would hold as many working girls as Nana and on a single night.

That's a huge exaggeration, but the point is definitely made. More on Rachada as a whole than at Nana/Cowboy!

Okay, what Rachada MP would have the largest number of girls? It ain't Caeser, Cleopatra, Mirage, Champs, (the one inside next to Nataree). Could be Poseidon, but honestly, the Fishbowl isn't that big and the lounge has a decent number of women, but it ain't burst'n. It's also a damn thin building.

I've seen a large number of women packed into some of those Karaoke joints.

<>

I watched the movie/doco last night and thought it was pretty good as these things go. That was definitely one of the small Clinton Plaza bars.

Some things puzzled me about Pla though....she seemed like she was being a bit TOO cute at times and her English was quite good. Also her death at the end seemed a bit contrived....is there any hard evidence for it?

O.k. Now I am intrigued, and want to see this...how do I get a copy? can someone tape it? burn it on to a disk? Girl named Pla...? messed up hand...? Clinton Plaza...one of us should know her...

Sad is with this work...Clinton plaza was closed what 4-5 years ago? and it is still being used as an example of the "BKK Sex trade...?" Sad.Pathetic...bordering on lies...but o.k. it was what it was...AF16 and now CW say it is worthy a look, I want a look.

"...13 to 14 million Tourists every year, aprox 8 million sex tourists! Fact!!!..."

What makes it a fact? how could any group possibly know this? Who are the sex tourists? ALL white? or other Asians? Africans etc...? There is absolutely no way to accurately record how many of the 13-14 million have sex with hookers whilst in LOS, NONE! As I said in another thread, an "expert" here was saying over 20 million men go to los every year for a sex holiday with an underage person...so which lies/exagerations/misrepresentations do we want to believe?

I am a tourist who buys sex in LOS, so yes, count me in that category. I aslo go see tousist sights...Same category or different? I avoid Pattaya like the plague, tried to give it a second chance, hated it still...different? or same...? I also buy whores in The USA...mostly Asian, but what the hell...so when I go to a different city in the USA am I a sex tourist there? Who keeps these stats?

"...#1 country in the world for recurring tourists within the same year!..."

This means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Other than it is a nice place that people like. How many repeat tourists are from the neighboring countries? Makes a difference, either way, I make 4-8 trips a year or so, sometimes for work, then extended to a holiday...but so what? No way to prove who does what sex wise in LOS, as Prostitution is illeagal in LOS, and thus most likely does not even really exist according to some Thais or others...all useless stats as they cannot pin point anything...

I am ranting...what were we talking aboput...? oh yeah, sex with Thai girls, I'm all for it.

I'm not saying the movie wasn't true. They say the camera doesn't lie but with enough footage and clever editing you can make a movie say anything you want.

You could make a thousand documentaries about the sex trade in Bangkok and never satisfy everybody.

I just thought this one was more honestly done and watchable than most I've seen.

Maybe, I remember a survey done by Meechai and the PDA years ago, it is in his book I think that says he went to one place that had over 1000 girls. In all of Nana and cowboy, how many girl in a single night in gogo's?

No idea which one biggest, not my scene, but I have been to many that have 3 - 5 fishbowls on different levels.

CT , <>

So given that they useually exagerate these numbers the official line is still below your "ITS A FACT"

CT what you can;t understand is that R&R in Vietnam era didn;t turn thailand into a sex destination,.

in the 70's hard mongers where going to places like Taiwan, Korea, Philipines.

Thailand as a major sex destination didn;t hit it's stride till the 80/90's at earliest. Then they worked hard to make it good for the visitors.

But sex tourists I know who have mongered for many many decades had destinations other than thailand in the 70's and 80's.

Thailand has it's own huge industry, those girls and the opportunities you speak off? They'll end up in any one of the thousands of brothels this coutnry has rahter than a handfull in Bangkok for whitey.

Going back to your 8 million sex tourists.

so - 14 million tourists. your saying 8million are male sex tourists? given the other 6 million are couples then the maleVs female number of the 12 million official figure must be something like 1 million men (8 million sex tourists, 3 M, half the regular tourists) and 3 million women.

DOG

Archived