BANGKOK GIRL - typical TV documentary coming up..

Chanchao

I can't imagine why any girl wouldn't work in a bar unless she was underage HIV + - or too ugly (cruel but true). Maybe after harvest season there are too many girls for a short period of time. In any case, the generalization is probably true.

There are many more reasons why people freelance, like to supplement their income from their daytime jobs. Other girls try to pick up customers after the bar is closed. The street scene also got a big boost because of the early closings of the bars. So probably, this generalization is far from the truth, but it sounds spectacular. :smirk:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't imagine why any girl wouldn't work in a bar unless she was underage HIV + - or too ugly (cruel but true).

There are plenty of reasons!

1) they claim to have a dayjob, some actually have a dayjob but that is not the majority!

2) STD, statistics are out there, you just need to read them

3) underaged

4) bar girls after work

I find 80% of the girls at after hours disgusting, the pretty freelancers go to a club and get their farang there. Bar Girls who cannot find a farang in their bar find the explanation mostly in the mirror. What is left? Sick, underaged and only a few pretty girls and a bunch of katoys!

Taking a girl from the street is like russian roullette, i know most of the times nothing happens but if you have any trouble with a BG you still can go to the mamasan and "file a report"

I only take FLs from Pattaya (never from the street), since most people know my face and I know theirs. It is a small city. In a huge city like BKK girls can easily disappear with a bunch of your belongings!

Picking up street girls is nothing else than street meat, I wanna talk to the person before I take her home, having some fun, I find it very sad that so many men don't give a shit who they are taking home, just a hole for a quick fix, I couldn't do it! I am bored of lame sex and if I don't have a connection or some time to grow some imaginary wood I'd probably stay limb :)

There are many more reasons why people freelance, like to supplement their income from their daytime jobs. Other girls try to pick up customers after the bar is closed. The street scene also got a big boost because of the early closings of the bars. So probably, this generalization is far from the truth, but it sounds spectacular.

I definately agree that there are some girls supplimenting their income occasionaly, but these are not the girls out every night. I'm sure we've all picked up a girl in a kiosk at the 4th floor Tokyu Centre only to be told how much we need to pay. Robinson's is another hotspot. These girls are not that common to come across - they usually hang out at discos to get their prey - across from Nana or Q Bar.

As far as after hours, these girls still work in bars - and the mayhem that ensues after the bars close at the food vendors was not the accompanying image in the film. There were two younger girls under a cement overpass. Bottom line, whether the bars close early or not, they are still BGs not FLs.

IMHO the unsaid "girl's are too ugly" is probably the highest reason. Even though their face may look nice, the process of childbirth was a little more cruel to their bodies - or they are a bit chubby, too old etc. If they don't fall in to this category and look appealing I would definately ask for an ID card and HIV certificate. So I stand by my original statement HIV+, underage, too ugly. The latter didn't get mention in the film which kind of discredits the statement for me - but a good warning and yes -it does sound spectacular - just unfortunate it was better researched or presented.

ChristianTroy: I'm with you, I prefer to get to know the girl first - it is much more appealing. If you are super nice and pay them well - in my experience - they often return the treatment. I've had more than a few BG's knock on my hotel door on their day off, or after the bar closed - then only accepting a drink from the fridge and cab fare home. Many are fun beautiful people who love being with foreigners, but again, I don't ever forget that this is because of surrounding and what they are forced to beleive. Had there been no R&R during the Viet Nam war, there wouldn't be this much fun in Bangkok today - it wouldn't be a viable career choice for women.

"Had there been no R&R during the Viet Nam war, there wouldn't be this much fun in Bangkok today - it wouldn't be a viable career choice for women."

:rotfl:

Really? I guess all the places all over the country that have pros that cater to Thai males aren't viable then (massage parlors, sing-a-song joints, barber shops, karaoke shops, brothels, free-lancers, and beer bars and go-go bars)? Why, because they are 'only' for the Thai men? The Thai sex industry was around long before the Vietnam war, and is still the much larger part of the sex industry today.

Add to all that the number of women who are 'paid' mistresses.

Your statement is pure hogwash.

Cent

Really? I guess all the places all over the country that have pros that cater to Thai males aren't viable then (massage parlors, sing-a-song joints, barber shops, karaoke shops, brothels, free-lancers, and beer bars and go-go bars)? Why, because they are 'only' for the Thai men? The Thai sex industry was around long before the Vietnam war, and is still the much larger part of the sex industry today.

Cent

Ummm - the thread is about a film on "sex tourism" - meaning people traveling "to" Thailand for sex (in case clarification is needed) - not local prostitution - just a suggestion - perhaps "read" the thread before jumping in. Maybe a little less time R.O.T.F.L and more time R.E.A.D.I.N.G.

Cent,

I have to agree with you on this. Even Lonely planet credits horny airline employees with creating the farang P4P scene...and we are still at it! The Thai side of things does add up to more of it all as you state. As for all the farangs going away, and the girls not having the "career choice" to whore...bullshit, they would just go back to fucking Thai men for less.

"Had there been no R&R during the Viet Nam war, there wouldn't be this much fun in Bangkok today - it wouldn't be a viable career choice for women."

Cent

Cent that was more or less my comment, on the first page of this thread. You copycat :beer:

<>

Stylus, have you been been to Rachada, miles of brothels that ar up to 10 15 and higher stories.

Thousands upon thousands of girls wrk this area, far far more than the combined power of nana and Cowboy. A single brothel on Rachada would hold as many working girls as Nana and on a single night.

However huge brothels like this are all over Bangkok, open to Farangs, but catering to a Thai crowd mostly.

Sex Tourists, of course they come here AND anywhere else in the world where prostitution is easy and cheap. Sex Tourists dont make a location, they just take advantage of it.

DOG

Archived