BANGKOK GIRL - typical TV documentary coming up..

Chanchao

Other alarming useless "FACTS..." If there are 800K-1 million prostitutes in Thailand, and 8 Million "FACTUALLY DOCUMENTED Sex Tourists, then each girl only has an average of 8 customers a year?

Since many are repeat tourists, the average per girl is much lower. So less than 1 customer per month on average, so thus the claims that these girls bang tons of guys in a day is FACTUALLY bogus, the stats support my claim! In fact, by my "Facts" prostitution is indeed practicaLLY NON EXISTANT.

How could they survive on so few customers? Obviously they are wealthy by other means. So you see using Stats, prostitution does absolutely nothing for the Thai economy...These are the hard "FACTS."

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So given that they useually exagerate these numbers the official line is still below your "ITS A FACT"

CT what you can;t understand is that R&R in Vietnam era didn;t turn thailand into a sex destination,.

in the 70's hard mongers where going to places like Taiwan, Korea, Philipines.

But sex tourists I know who have mongered for many many decades had destinations other than thailand in the 70's and 80's.

Thailand has it's own huge industry, those girls and the opportunities you speak off? They'll end up in any one of the thousands of brothels this coutnry has rahter than a handfull in Bangkok for whitey.

DOG

Nervous Dog - I think what you can't differentiate is local prostitution and Tourism prostitution. How many GoGo Bars are set up for Thai's? How many Thai men do you see enjoying the show at Long Gun? The bottom line is that these places "were" set up during and for the soldiers during the Viet Nam war - FACT! During the late seventies after the last of the Viet Nam deserters were deported the country fell into financial difficulty. It was the World Bank that helped Thailand develop the sex destination ideas and market them - economic initiatives consequent on the bank's report led to what is routinely described today as a $4-billion-a-year business involving fraternal relationships among airlines, tours operators and the masters of the sex industry. In this sense, sex tourism is like any other multinational industry, extracting enormous profits from grotesquely underpaid local labor and situating the immediate experience of the individual worker - what happens to the body of a 15-year-old from a village in Northeast Thailand - in the context of global economic policy.

So yes, it is because of this that the sex tourist destinations are operating. The fact that there are areas for local 9open to farangs or not) with more girls is of no consequence because all countries have that - however, all countries do not have GoGo areas with hotels, markets, and pamphlets in travel agencies around the world advertising it's excitement - got it! - Good!

Look at Angeles City in the Philippines. The US pulled out of that city and they turned it into a mini Pattaya - again "BECAUSE" of American occupation and R&R sex tourism grew - key word "tourism".

To answer your ridiculous question of why other struggling countries don't pursue sex tourism - the answer need not even be asked it's so stupid - but for you - because they donâ??t want to be Thailand, they don't want to be known for providing sex and knock out any other viable economic pursuit to change their status. Plus, the World Bank would be crucified if it even pulled any stunt like that again.

Do you honestly think that Thailand would have 15.12 million (TAT) travelers without sex tourism? Other surrounding countries are standing at an average of 5 million tourists. I can account for 10 million traveling for pleasure and the beautiful beaches and ease of transportation, but I would guess at least 5 million are traveling for the purpose of sex. Have you not seen the bus loads - thousands of Japanese male tourists being dropped of next to Pat Pong?

Yes men have been traveling to Thailand for sex since pre-communist China, but the dollars were not being generated as it is today. It was not marketed as it is today. Sure many of the girls would be working in a dime hut if they weren't in the farang areas, but the Thai economy would suffer - leading once again to the FACT that the Thai government support sex tourism to sustain it's economy.

I can't believe this even needs to be said - it's so obvious. Pat Pong, Nana, Clinton (RIP) Soi Cowboy, Soi Zero, Washington Square, and the scattered Turkish Baths and Rub n Tugs â?? would not exist for tourists had it not been for the Viet Nam war and Thailand would be over a Billion US Dollars poorer every year (at least) â?? FACT!

Other alarming useless "FACTS..." If there are 800K-1 million prostitutes in Thailand, and 8 Million "FACTUALLY DOCUMENTED Sex Tourists, then each girl only has an average of 8 customers a year?

Sorry, but you're an [personal insult removed - Moderator]. There are obviously 800,000 -1 million prostitutes in Thailand - There would need to be to support the rampant local Thai sex trade that you guys seem to constantly reference - you know the houses with over a thousand girls in it.

I think we have finished agreeing that there are more Thai men pursueing prostitution than tourists - as in any country. The point is "sex tourism", the dollars and activities of foreigners. Isn't that what the film was about - isn't that what you were all protesting. The film isn't about local prostitution.

[personal crap removed - Moderator]

Your post has violated Nanaplaza.com's rule number 7 against flaming. Flaming is not tolerated here and is a banning offense. Your post has been deleted and/or edited to conform to the board rules. We consider this a serious matter. Please refrain from doing the same in the future. Please see below for a copy of this rule.

-The Board Moderator

7.) Flaming is NOT tolerated! It is an absolute certain way of getting banned from the board.

Definition of flaming; an abusive or personally insulting message. This includes insulting or inflaming remarks concerning the character, or personality, of another poster. It also includes innuendos, snide remarks, and any overtly negative connotations towards a fellow board member.

You can disagree with a poster's message, but an attack personally on the poster him/herself will result in a deleted post and/or banishment from the board, depending on severity of offense. There are very likely posters on this board with different beliefs than your own. Please respect those beliefs, even if you don't agree with them

First off, I have not EVER seen a brochure in a travel agency promoting sex tourism in Asia, or anywhere else. Second of all, How can anyone possibly know how many tourists come just for sex? I doubt TAT keeps or wants to keep stats on this. Thus any claim as to how many is a guess at best, a bogus call to say the most. Third of all, if the Vietnam era was really responsible for sex tourism, then why isn't there rampent sex tourism in all the other places the US military was in, like Japan, Korea...yes, they have hookers, every place does, but not to the extent Thailand may have (Still not convinced the is prostitution in Thailand), or El Salvador?

I hardly saw any hookers or whore related nightlife when I was there, and believe me I Was looking for it! We were lucky to get some fat old bean bellied woman to...well never mind, war is a horrible thing, the whores we banged even more horrid.

Now then, o.k. the U.S. Military is responsible for farang related prostitution...o.k. fine. Now then, it appears that the Euros, Ozzies, Japanese etc all owe us a big heart felt thank you for creating these venues for them to enjoy. I usually run into a disproportionately low number of yanks when out. Hence, our gift to You, you are all welcome.

Now, on that note, The Thais then owe us Yanks even more gratitude, for the Billions our contributions to their whore industry have brought in. So I demand a special card that gets me free drinks and buffets short times etc, as a further thank you. "THE U.S. MILitary, blowing shit up, and helping by whoring, since 1776!"

Fuck all, even Lonely fucking planet pointed out that whores/night life existed before the vietnam war... As for why Thailand has more tourist than surrounding countries...it is painfully obvious beyond the whores. There is tourism here, the country is developed, resorts, scuba, beaches, Mountain treks, eco shit...all kinds of stuff exists in Thailand that is just starting to pop up in Cambodia Laos and the surrounding places...and lets not forget that Mynmar, Laos, and Cambodia were closed to tourism for awhile, same same Vietnam...oops, ranting again...topic...? oh yeah, whores in Asia, I like them.

First off, I have not EVER seen a brochure in a travel agency promoting sex tourism in Asia, or anywhere else. Second of all, How can anyone possibly know how many tourists come just for sex?

Third of all, if the Vietnam era was really responsible for sex tourism, then why isn't there rampent sex tourism in all the other places the US military was in, like Japan, Korea...yes, they have hookers, every place does, but not to the extent Thailand may have (Still not convinced the is prostitution in Thailand), or El Salvador?

As for why Thailand has more tourist than surrounding countries...it is painfully obvious beyond the whores. There is tourism here, the country is developed, resorts, scuba, beaches, Mountain treks, eco shit...

First point - please show me a thai broucher that doesn't mention "the exciting Pat Pong Road". Of course they mention the night market - but this is just to get them down there. Read between the lines.

Second point - because Japan and Korea are developed countries, there is no cheap labour. Perhaps take a look at Okinawa - major prostitution, but it is hidden and expensive - thus some US soldiers resort to raping the locals - disgusting FACT. El Salvador - ummm because you would be shot. Also Theravada Buddhism, in particular, allows for this type of activity to occur with most turning a blind eye. As long as a bar has a picture of the king, a shrine, a monk blessing its opening- it can operate.

Third Point - Yes, these activities have been able to develop because of the dollars generated and amount of travelers to Thailand - it inevitably follows. Go back 12 years - how much of that existed in Thailand? Tourism is obviously booming in Thailand, but it "is" because of sex tourism through the late 70's, 80's and early 90's.

I suppose your enthusiasm for something good coming from the Viet Nam War is to balance out the embarrasment of the gigantic error the US made being there in the first place - hey, who won that war again?

PS - Old Hippie, I apologize for my outburst earlier, I was logging back on to change my post, but the moderator beat me to it. Totally uncalled for and childish on my part.

First off, we did not lose the Vietnam war...we ah "capitulated..." got board and went home, leaving them to suffer for years with the mess we created...same tactic we should use in Iraq.

El Salvador? Shot? the hell you say? Okinowa? lots of sex, as they are poor...but the sex is expensive...? That seems a contradiction...can you give specific places? and if possible, bus schedules to them from the main airports. Seeing is believing...

Now then, if the USA created this sex tourism, blame us, we are used to it, and really so arrogant that we don't care, then why don't more Americans go to LOS? I hardly run into any...as I said, disproportionate amount of "Non Americans" (we can't all be perfect)...and again, you all (as in non Americans) should be once again kissing our fat fast food fed asses and saying thank you for the wonderful gift we gave you, same same the Thais...pucker up guys!

"America: We did it, it is our fault, so what? Fucking up the world since 1776, and proud of it!"

Ah yes America. Americans - the only thing that surpasses their stupidity is their ignorance (is that flaming - sorry). Newsflash - all the smart Americans are dead, for about 20 years now. The country is run by idiots who are plowing it into the ground. You want to know what's going to happen to the US - look at the Roman Empire, Spanish Empire, British Empire. Unfortunately for the the US, the American Empire is all on paper and coming to a quick conclusion - you don't have slaves anymore - no more cheap US labour (the blacks have caught on, the women have caught on and the Mexicans are learning fast- their numbers are greater than whitey) That's why they have moved their slavery (ie sweatshops) overseas. Unfortunately for the US their labour is, well, overseas and their biggest opponent on this are Americans. There's an oxy-moron.

So yes, thank you America for showing us how not to do it and for being the shortest lived world power in history - can't come quick enough. I hope you are practicing your Mandarin and Cantonese.

Thank you for McDonald's, Coca-Cola, and all the political and military blunders that only a foreign country could be smart enough to capitalize off of.

Thank you America or should I say ���交��! Get used to hearing that!

Americans are the United States worst enemy - just look at the previous post and my point is made.

Ah yes, the voice of jealousy. Of course the inferior types cannot understand the sophisticated American wit and sarcasim, thus they get angry and rant like children. Remember my dear fellow, god (an American) created 2 kinds of people Americans, and those who wish they were Americans...Sorry you weren't one of the lucky ones.

"America: Gods Chosen since 1776"

P.s.

"...Newsflash - all the smart Americans are dead, for about 20 years now. The country is run by idiots who are plowing it into the ground. You want to know what's going to happen to the US - look at the Roman Empire, Spanish Empire, British Empire. Unfortunately for the the US, the American Empire is all on paper and coming to a quick conclusion..."

Actually, hard to argue with that part...especially about being run by idiots, and being run into the ground...in fact impossible to argue with it...oh well...

Ah yes, the voice of jealousy. Of course the inferior types cannot understand the sophisticated American wit and sarcasim, thus they get angry and rant like children. Remember my dear fellow, god (an American) created 2 kinds of people Americans, and those who wish they were Americans...Sorry you weren't one of the lucky ones.

"America: Gods Chosen since 1776"

The Roman Empire created Christianity as we know it today - the Spanish expanded it - the British tried to change it - and the US think they are it. Only this kind of arrogant society would put "In God we trust" on their currency - which is the most ridiculous thing done in the name of God in the history of the world - yes, I put this above Charlemagne and his bizarre and frightening ego - above the inquisitions - mainly because it has never been corrected. First Commandment "Thou shalt not hold any idols before for me nor worship any God but me" Not only do they worship money more, they scribble His name on it. Shame on you America. The US is only about 70% CHristian - 25% practising - could it be God has forgotten his chosen ones?

Jealous? Hmmm - I suppose I wish I could live in Hawaii without having to immigrate - so in that regard you are correct - although that was before I discovered the Philippines. The American dream is capitalism - all Western Civilization enjoys this, it is only the US who exploits it to the point of advertising and gloating. However capitalism is now being enjoyed in America by immigrants from the countries they gloat over, while the peasant community in Middle America grows. So jealous? A big fat McNo! - except for that Hawaii thing.

I'm Canadain and I get the sarcasm - we are a bit above the poo poo pee pee humour though. It's nice to have some true wit (as opposed to True Grit) in our humour.

Some things puzzled me about Pla though....she seemed like she was being a bit TOO cute at times and her English was quite good.

If she really was 6 years "pooring drinks" then she might have catched some lines and probably been to other countries!

About beeing cute;

This guys probably shot 10 hours of footage and that she seemed to be cute all the time might be a result of editing! Who knows how many times she was down. It was his basic point that she was cute and had a special smile, so probably he wanted the audience to like her when he explained at the end what is all behind that smile!

No evidence about her death, but if this guy ever wants to broadcast something again he better won't be catched as a lying drama queen! Why would he need to lie about it? It didn't make a point in his documentary, i just found it sad but it doesn't add more content to the story! If she would be alive, people would see her somewhere and he could loose his reputation, also the bar was closed because of incident. Probably all true!

Archived