Aqui no hablan ingles ...

Flashermac

"... * cavanami Said:

You numbers are incorrect in that all the illegals are not working. Some are on welfare, some are Moms at home, etc.

True, but they can't really be on welfare if they are illegal can they? Pls correct me if I'm wrong, i dunno how the american welfare system works..."

Yes, they can, it is called identity fraud, and it runs rampent among illeagals. This is one of the major problems they cause, they suck up services they never pay for with taxes, or they just plain skip out on the bills. They go to hospitals instead of the free welfare clinics, get expensive medical care, then skip the bill.

They also frequently drive with no insurance, have accidents, flee the scene, or just don't pay up, then go get another I.D. and keep the scam going...this is one of the reasons for a national I.D. card is being called for. Facism being another reason.

The #2 income source for Mexico (after oil) is Money being sent from the USA, over 45 billion a year. This is what is accounted for via wire transfers and other documented means. Other estimates put the cash carried accross the border much higher. So clearly, it has a drain on the economy.

Skilled labor jobs such as construction, carpentry, masonry etc, also take in a lot of illeagals. The guys working next door don't have a green card in the bunch, they are working for 1/2-1/3 of what a Union carpenter would get...the quality of work is minimum, and the houses no cheaper than if competent labor was used and paid properly...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CW, I can only think of one possible scenario that would change things and its, God forbid, a domestic terror event occurs and it was proven that the perpetrators came accross illegally on the southern border. That's the only thing that would change things and unfortunately it will take a tragedy costing possibly thousands of lives to make it happen.

If a poor uneducated Mexican can get over the porous southern border so can a well financed Al Queda terrorist, many of them. I think the recent crackdown and 'fence' has more of a link to the now seen problem of keeping terrorists out or catching at least some of them/not making it as easy as it has been, than to do with illegal Mexican immigrants. Some of each I'd think. It is scary when you think of how easy this is and how many do it every year (and how many die trying).

What? Isn't lettuce already $10 a head? :) What happened to NAFTA? I thought the reason they wanted NAFTA was to keep the Mexicans on their side of the border growing lettuce and other goods and manufacturing goods on their side to sell to the USA and to provide jobs for Mexicans in Mexico, to keep them over there instead of making the sometimes very dangerous trip to sneak into the US illegally. But, the Mex government and the big companies still want to pay small money to their workers in Mexico and it is still to a Mex's advantage to get into the states, because even as an illegal they can make vastly more income working in the US as an illegal than they can back at home in Mexico-Central and south America.

We can also thank the religious influence of the Catholic church and their ridiculous anti-birth control policies for creating an abundance of Latinos that have no jobs and too many kids to feed. Most Mex, central and south Americans are Catholic. Without all the legal and illegal immigration into the states the USA's population growth would be flat. No increase at all. (Which in itself is not good-controlled growth through intelligent legal immigation laws are what is needed.)

And, in my opinion, if these illegal immigrants ARE needed to do these jobs that Americans supposedly will not do (which I don't believe-I think they just won't do it for the crap renumeration that many of the employers wish to pay) why doesn't the US gov take that into consideration when making up their quotas of 'legal' immigrants for each year, and at least up the numbers of legal immigration numbers to reflect this trend to stop these people from trying to sneak in and place themselves in danger by doing so illegally? At least then we have more control over who gets in and who does not.

It is a mess, and there are no easy answers or solutions, I agree. But something needs to be done, and what pisses me off is how it has been basically ignored by the government for so many decades. They always seem to wait until it becomes a huge crisis before doing something, and by then it is usually too damn late to solve the problem.

Those dipshits that equate a wall on our southern border keeping people out, illegal aliens, to the wall in Germany that kept the communist German government's people 'in' ARE just that ... dipshits. It is not the same thing and a specious argument designed to make America look bad when all we are trying to do is secure our borders from an invasion of illegal immigrants, and possible terrorists wanting to do the country and people great harm.

A wall might not be a good idea (I can think of other ways) but that is just the government trying to LOOK like it is dealing with the problem more than anything else.

The best way to stop the flow of illegal immigrants (as I have said now many times) is to make it impossible for them to make any money here once they sneak in. The way to do that is obvious, anyone caught hiring illegal immigrants needs to be identified, arrested, fined to the maximum, and given serious jail time. Anyone doing so. There then would be no incentive for the illegals to come, as there would be no jobs for them to work and make money to send back home. No money, no illegals, except those bent on criminal activities, which would/could be dealt with harshly, and is another matter.

Cent

yeah shoot the fuckers and put them into prison for life!

or...

cost of immigration: approx $11 - $22 billion

according to the National Research Council: http://www.cis.org/topics/costs.html

defense spending: $466 billion

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/spending.htm

cost of iraq war (so far): $340 billion

http://nationalpriorities.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=182

...maybe if your goverment spent less money on dropping napalm bombs on kids they wouldn't have to become immigrants in the first place. less money on defense spending = less genocide, less atrocities and less displaced ppl.

just a thought..

oh and what about:

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion â?? that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. I don't see any posts about that? But I guess poor mexicans are more evil than Donald Rumsfeld.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/01/29/eveningnews/main325985.shtml

btw one day b4 9/11, another of those weird coincidences? or could that be what the bush-administration had to pay the mossad to carry out the attacks?

great dabbbish, here i am talking politics again...

anyways, a shout out to the "awoken" ppl of america!

"......maybe if your goverment spent less money on dropping napalm bombs on kids they wouldn't have to become immigrants in the first place. less money on defense spending = less genocide, less atrocities and less displaced ppl.

just a thought....."

When did we drop naplam bombs on Mexico and cause/force them to come here Illeagally? name one time...but it is a good Idea, Napalm and land mines should greatly reduce the numbers comming across our borders illeagally...then we should just cut off the wire transfers to Mexico/Latin America...and then slowly, things would clean up...also support bringing home the troops to guard the border...but your napalm idea is a good one, I'll email Bush now.

"...btw one day b4 9/11, another of those weird coincidences? or could that be what the bush-administration had to pay the mossad to carry out the attacks?..."

There is actually a lot of scarey info out there, linking Massad to various pre/during and post 9-11 activities...at this point I suspect their involvement as well.

...then we should just cut off the wire transfers to Mexico/Latin America...and then slowly, things would clean up...also support bringing home the troops to guard the border...but your napalm idea is a good one, I'll email Bush now.

Good idea on the wire xfers.

It's all about the money, so clamp down on what I see as "illgeal money xfers". The money was made illegally, so grab the $$$ and that will reduce the illegals!

...then we should just cut off the wire transfers to Mexico/Latin America...and then slowly' date=' things would clean up...also support bringing home the troops to guard the border...but your napalm idea is a good one, I'll email Bush now.

[/quote']

Good idea on the wire xfers.

It's all about the money, so clamp down on what I see as "illgeal money xfers". The money was made illegally, so grab the $$$ and that will reduce the illegals!

Actually, that might just work! Use the RICO laws and clamp down on illegally made monies and transfers! Hey, whyn't the government think of this one?!

Cent

Archived