Nabobs of Negativism . . .

unit731

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vista:

Hey, give us the reason. Give us the technical details, the specs. What technical reason makes it better.

Well, it is like describing a beautiful woman.

I seen it up close. It looks great.

For those nabobs of negativism. I bet if I gave each and every one of them a US hundred dollar bill, I would get 10% - 20% who would complain. And complain vehemently. That I was unfair. These people would say that I should have given them US $200.00. The point being that some people are never happy, no matter what.

Microsoft this, and Microsoft that, . . blah, blah, blah . . .

:wave:

Thanks keekwai,

after you said it is possible for both to watch during a remote desktop session I searched the net how to do that. Now I know what I did wrong. Within the network I never waited for a remote desktop invitation. Instead I just logged in as an existing user and took over the computer. I tried it via invitationa nad that worked quite well. Good to know.

Btw, I read that Windows XP Home does not support remote desktop. That's true?

No worries.

From Microsoft WindowsXP Inside Out written by Bott and Siechert:

"......using a new (and very cool) support tool called Remote Assistance. This feature, available in both Windows XP Professional and Home Edition, lets you open a direct connection between two machines over the Internet or over a local area network. Even if youâ??re hundreds or thousands of miles away, you can watch as the user demonstrates the problem and take control of the screen to make repairs quickly and accurately. You can investigate Control Panel settings, run diagnostic tools, install updates, and even edit the registry of the problem-plagued PC. Repairs that might have taken hours the old-fashioned way can be accomplished in a few minutes using this tool."

"Remote Assistance uses Windows XP Terminal Services to share a desktop and other resources between two PCs. Although this is the same underlying code used in the Remote Desktop feature, Remote Assistance is fundamentally different in two ways. First, in a Remote Assistance session, both users must be present at their respective PCs and must agree to establish the connection. Second, you can use Remote Assistance to connect to a PC running Windows XP Home Edition, whereas incoming Remote Desktop connections can only be enabled on Windows XP Professional."

• 5 months later...

For you Yanks, go to www.zabasearch.com and enter your name and see what comes up free. Never mind what you can get for a fee.

There are no secrets. [/b][/color]

I feel OK. The only thing on there about me was my phone number from 4 years ago. I'm sure the fee-based stuff would reveal more but at least the cursory glance is nothing to worry about.

Archived