Beer Garden Soi 7.....What an institution!!

sakoni2002

I have been visiting the Beer Garden in Suk Soi 7 for the last 17 years and it has always been a great place for me to use as my 'local.'

The newly renovated place has lost a bit of the character for me. Preferred the older version with the leaky roofs.

Saw more girls, especially some of the Nana ones coming over. But still keep seeing the old faces who are real pros.

There are two in particular who would pick up guys within half an hour of walking in and be back in another half an hour.

Place stays open till 02:00 and till the last minute some punter will walk in and pick-up one.

The best part for me is to see the 'first-time' farang walking in and get lost in the myriad of girls they see. An 'intelligent' 60's something who could be a doctor or a lawyer suddenly gets picked up by an 18 year old and he thinks she is madly in love with him. Spending a few hours with her and he wants to give up everyting back home and marry this real pro. Agrees to send her a regular amount for her upkeep because she has a small child, her husband was very cruel, the mother is gravely ill and the bull is almost dying. Little does he know that another 6 guys are also sending her money!

I always wanted to write a book about the Beer Garden and the tales that can be told. Guess someday I will but in the meantime, I hope the character of this place never changes.

I would higly recommed the Beer Garden for any newbie staying around the lower Suk Sois. It is an experience not to be missed.

I personally think that if one does not visit this Institution than one has not been to Bangkok!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so true, but actually I'm not sure if the thermae or even grace was even more an institution even today of course those 2 are close to worthless :cover: please keithdoug - don't kill me & I'll tell you how long it'll take you to get there any day any time from airport, england whatever ;)

so true, but actually I'm not sure if the thermae or even grace was even more an institution even today of course those 2 are close to worthless

I had ment to add a footnote about Thermae and Grace. From what I saw about the place, they might as well close them down. I suppose both these place were purely to pick-up the left-overs after closing time, the Beer Garden still has a bit of 'respectability' to the place.

It is not uncommon to see a farang walk into it with his wife or farang girlfriend to have a drink and perhaps a meal. Indeed you may even see a family in there having a meal. In that respect, I do not suppose that it would close down. Unless other circumstances lead to that scenario.

Rumour has it that the lease it coming up for renewal in 5 years time and, I suppose, anything is possible then.

<>

I have a friend who is a avid book collector, so I am always on the lookout for new books signed by the author.

He has a Chuckwow signed book and many others.

I was in the back of the Soi 7 Beer Bar in 98/99 I think, waiting for a friend and quitely reading a book and refusing all advances.

One girl was persistant, "That me, you want me, that me"

Bizarre Englsih at best I thought but what can I say!

Finally after I ignore her for 5 minutes she pokes me, takes the book from my hands points to the cover photo.

"That me!"

And it was! She was the cover girl for "My Big Honey"

I immiadiately got her to sign the book for my collector mate, he thought very funny

Cost me a lady drunk but worth it

SOG

My first trip to LOS was 1994 and to this day I have only ever made one visit to Beer Garden Soi 7 and that was to take a piss. Walked pass it a thousand times but never been there as a punter. Have I missed much?

I absolutley love BG7!!! (or 7BGs :) ) But hate the fact that I cannot walk all the way around the place without pulling at least 1 girl out...guess that is a good thing...

I remember I was sitting at the door way once, with a few other board members, and we must have witnessed at least 3 guys dragging out their girls, in an angry fashion, while the girl just explained "...no, I just come talk my fend...I no work..." Classic BKK moments! The food is good also!

Archived