I got busted...

Old Hippie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I try to avoid living too much of the year in a country where 'red light cameras' and 'speed cameras' pump millions into state coffers every year.

they probably are trying to produce "J" walking cameras too.

red light scameras are a real money maker.

heard from a friend ( info did not make it to the papers for obvious reasons (( get ppl thinking))

in Troy Ohio local paint ball club started hitting camera lenses on the only scamear in town.

OH, its interesting that in NYC and east cities jaywalking is rarely given.

It is sometimes given in LA thouugh. East coast arrivals jaywalk all the time and I recall years ago being threatened with a jaywalking ticket in Hollywood till the cop heard my accent and gave me a warning.

However, they are given more often nowadays as well as all kinds of other tickets. I know a couple cops and about 5 years ago they told me that they were unofficially told to write everything into a ticket. No warnings. The reason was that the city and the state were in a recession and the money dried up. What I find offensive is law enforcement used to raise funds. The money for traffic tickets, etc. goes into general fund so the politicians can use it for any purpose they wish. If it went to get more cops, etc. I could halfway understand but the cops basically asked to 'tax' residents.

It just adds to my beliefe that ALL cops are assholes...how much serious crime was going on while this asshole was writing out a chicken shit ticket? I have it on good authority, that when I receive the summons in the mail, the fine will be/could be around $200...for crossing the fucking street when there is no traffic...I already made a formal written complaint against the cop...he gave it to me, I gave it back fuck him the bicycle riding pansy!

Archived