what is your thailand pet peeve?

theshaw66

when I try to explain this to thais, they totally do not understand

No need to go there imo, they are just making conversation and not following the usual procedure outlined in the thai questionnaire will only cause confusion :)

You`re from Saharat Americaaa. That should suffice. :)

Chances are they will have forgotten all about it 10 minutes later anyway, that sure happes to me a lot, but then again I come from a small obscure country.

cheers

hn

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ello, Sir, nice suit, good price, less than 200 quid."

Quid? What the fuck. Get out of the fucking way you creepy, greasy, obstructive piece of shit.

In reality: "Nah." Keep walking and avoid Gupta. Keep smiling. I'm sick of trying to look like I'm happy.

See you in Soi 6...

>I swear to god, the bitches are ready to fight me over the fact that I DON'T FUCKING COME FROM ANYWHERE...

No. they are prepared to fight you for being an irritating twat. The question is not an existential one, or wanting to delve into your innermost angst, or wanting to know your connectedness to the universe. It a simple one.

>I was born in hawaii, no roots there now, lived in about 7 US states in my 40+ years of life, and now I live in thailand...

The correct answer is "American". See how easy life can be if you stop making it difficult for yourself?

-j-

Guest lazyphil

my dad was born in chesterfield, my mum worthing, me cambridge, sisters sheffield my dad sailed the 7 seas in a submarine (not yellow) for 20 odd years living in singapore for 18 months, stopping in nz, chile, malta, panama, hong kong, belfast etc etc etc etc etc, one sister lived in rosyth naval base, both sisters lived in gosport.....and oddly enough i'm/we're from england :grinyes:

I really don't care what they think when I use it because it's not any of their business and in today's world, being from certain places can open you up to potentially dangerous situations. My personal business is mine and even if it's ok in Thai culture to ask such things, I don't always bow to their side when there is cultural differences. If they don't like my answer, too bad, maybe they'll stop asking it (and they usually do).

Afterall, its the Thai way to give elusive answers, less than complete stories and outright deceptive information if it means saving face or not having to answer uncomfortable questions.

Not a cut on Thais, its the reality. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"

Besides, I did come from my mother and father.

Regards

Archived