Compassion/forgiveness...?

Old Hippie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prosol,

Normally, I'd be in 100% agreement with you. But this is a philisophical discussion, which is why I also agree with AF16, a promise was made.

In life, we live by a code (some of us) and we are honor bound to stick to it. If we make promises and then break them, are we not then as bad as the whores we scorn? Are we not in fact reenforcing the idea that "...see all farang are liars, who never keep a promise...?" Discuss...

For me it's not about philosophy. I did what you suggested in the opening post and the thing is that it was part of a game, a game I knew nothing about which made it a painful experience, but there were no 'malice' about.

If there had been I would not have made the promise.

I take responsibility for my part of the whole deal. If she needs help, she gets it as promised.

Pleazzzzzzzzzzzzz......come on..."spill ya guts"!!!...LOL...

Seems we're "cruisin'" the same highway...well at least half way.....Race ya to Korat...555

Come on OH....How will the "Youngsters" like CT & Mr. Numbers ever learn how to avoid the "Traps" if Older and Wiser men such as your goodself don't teach them the ropes....

Tell him about the SSG saga.....we haven't heard it for a while now :grinyes::neener::grinyes:

Cheers DS....aka DC :beer::yikes::grouphug:

"...Come on OH....How will the "Youngsters" like CT & Mr. Numbers ever learn how to avoid the "Traps" if Older and Wiser men such as your goodself don't teach them the ropes...."

Sadly, it is too late for the Numbers, he was long ago swept away by a princess from Kalisin, he just lives in his own denial...sadly sitting on a bar stool in "that bar" and mubmling to himself "...should have listened...it will never happen to me, she really was different...I know she really loved me, I just know it..." same mantra we all sing...wrote a poem/song parady about it last year whislt stoned on vicidin, I'll look it up, and repost it here...

"...Tell him about the SSG saga.....we haven't heard it for a while now..."

Sadly, many of us are living it, or still living it...it is a tale which appears to have no ending, just when I think the final chapter has been written, wah-lah, a new twist...a new turn...maybe I will put it up to a new poll/vote and let the members decide whether or not it bears repeating...

In the mean time, back to the issue at hand...I am somewhat surprised by the results of this poll so far...

In the mean time, back to the issue at hand...I am somewhat surprised by the results of this poll so far...

Same here, suprising statistics.

I was the first one to vote on this poll and my "Yet Mae" vote was so emphatic.

The question is, are people answering the question based on how they would react to the situation or is it based on what they would expect if they were the one asking for help?

Over the years I have learned that the only person I can trust to take care of me is me. If I was to get myself into a situation then it's my responsability to get myself out of it and not go running to someone I had severley dissed in the past asking for help ... when you have made your bed you have to be able to sleep in it.

When it comes to friends who have not pissed me off, sure I will help them out, more often than not I will offer before they ask, but if someone has burned their bridges with me they forever remain personna no gratia in my mind.

Archived