Korat-Photo Report

Old Hippie

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

i was in my mrs local temple on the chayaoe prayer river and i was having a bite to eat and looked right in the corner of the temple in a little glass room was a dead monk layed out, had been there a while i was told, a special monk, did they forget to cremate him??.....put me of my 'pad thai' :crazy:

No, for some reason, we didn't go inside...we had been waiting to see him, and were told it might be another 2 hours, and we sort of decided to *maybe* stop on the way back which was obviously a dumb move, then it just sort of slipped out minds...weird, I hate when I do dumb stuff like that.

Bus to Korat, Local bus to PiMai. I would recomend a car, or maybe hiring a driver, and set up an itinery. As I said, I screwed up big time by waiting until the end of the trip (partly waiting for her to get back)and by not researching and planning ahead.

Had I planned better, We'd have had more time to wait for Lum Phra Koon, and to really see the temple. There are also some water falls, and other smaller prassarts to see. Also, Kho Yai National park...so best to really plan it.

I use a Nikon D70 6.1 MP Digital SLR. With Nikor Lenses. B+W Circular polarizer (er I think on some shots).

KS,

Feel like a total loser for missing the inside of the Temple, we were preoccupied with meeting/seeing LPK that we totally missed it. Sadly, we didn't see Him either. Well, next time you and I can go up there together, now that I know what Lake to turn left at :)

OH

You said 5 hour drive and you only plod along like Uncle Somchai at 90 KPH on Hiway 23, I wonder how long it would take travelling at normal speeds.

We have to go to Maha Sarakham in a couple of weeks time, need to be there from Saturday eveniing to mid sunday afternoon, and I am still undecided whether to Fly to KK and pick up a Rental or just drive up.

Flying will take approx 3:45 in my reckoning. Leave home 1:30 before the flight, drive to airport park, checkin, walk to gate, board 20 mins before take off, 1 hour flight, pick up rental in KK then an hours drive.

At a guess I could probably drive to Maha Sarakham in a little over 4 hours, It only takes me 2-3 mins to get on the expressway from where we live.

Anyone elses thoughts would be welcome.

By the Way Nice Pics Good trip report

Archived