Compulsive liars

skirtlifter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rule of thumb...if their mouth is moving, they are lying!

The grand stories (lies) that they tell is a feable attempt for them to gain face (often).

I have had the ladies tell some stories about me and when I heard them I said, "...damn, are they talking about me??? must be some other person...".

Live and let live...

As a friend who has lived here since 1966 puts it, "If a Thai tells you yes, it means maybe. If they tell you maybe, it means no. And if they tell you no, it means "No ... and I don't like you".

:dunno:

That's about the way it is in Japan too, I think. People in LOS (and Japan) are just very polite (or trying to be) but because of the language and cultural differences, there is much misunderstanding.

Ahhh the naivity of the human condition! Everyone lies...everyone, saying you don't makes you a....liar! So sure, yours is an angel, butter wouldn't melt etc...but to say she never lies is bordering on delusion...every single person, on the face of the earth, lies! It is the reasoning behind a lie that is important...little 'white' lies are harmless and happen all the time..it's the big ones that are a problem....

Oh and btw, how do you know she isn't lying? Really...you've studied forensic and/or social Psychology?? Nope...so please continue to enjoy your lives where nothing bad ever happens, but EVERYONE lies...get used to it!

Yeah, but there are seas of lies, buckets of lies, glasses of lies and drops of lies. All has some measure.

We all know people who breathe lies and others who hardly lie. Are TG's worse in general?

My son had this TG who claimed her brother was a cop and she worked and earned money as an indic to the cops spending her nights in bangkok discos. I warned him anything she uttered was a load of bullshit, Josh was he upset I told him.

Then I have this friend who's GTG bullshits him endlessly and he just smiles along.

At last he hardly believes she lost her gold chain in the train, he won't buy her a second chain, one example amongst a thousand of her daily crap.

If in any way, the girl feels that avoiding the truth, whether bargirl or not, will protect the cash flow, if part of the money given is indeed being filtered back to an impoverished family, then she most likely believes that telling a lie is morally acceptable.

The potential of this decreases as the income of the girl increases, or if the family is well off. Of course, there are exceptions to any situation.

Archived