Christmas Tree up!

Guest baldrick

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christmas?....i can take it or leave it.

over the Years the allure has passed and i'm just not into the tree and decorations.

i've never been a lover of roast dinners and the thought of all that food turns me off.

but this Year might be a little different.

joining forces with neighbours and we will be having goose,venison,partridge and pheasant.

one of the neighbours is a cordon bleu chef,so the food should be interesting.

the other brews potent home brew and also has a supply of good real ale........ :drunk:

but i like getting presents....... :yay:

but i normally choose what i want so no real surprises.

i want things which are useful.........

I'm with ya OH...i freakin hate xmas...altho' Bangkok actually looks pretty for a while with all the lights everywhere...some of the hotels go nuts! Not only will i not be buying an xmas tree, i will be sunbathing on a beach in Phuket.

Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel ... we made him out of clay.

Uh, any cool Kwaanza songs? Some nice harvest lyrics to go along with the middle of winter.

Christmas trees have been up in Bangkok dept stores over a week now. 'Tis the season to make money.

p.s. In my parents' home, the tree went up only a few days before Christmas and stayed up until Epiphany (12th Night). Now the dumb fucks count the 12 days BEFORE Christmas and take down the tree on Dec 26. Effing yuppie morons. :(

I'd estimate that about 1 in 3 Thais you see wearing a cross on their necklace is not a Christian. They just think it looks "cool".

:dunno:

p.s. One of my students who had gone to St Joseph's announced in class that she'd decided to become a Catholic. She said she liked it better than Buddhism. Her classmates were shocked. The way they reacted, you'd think the Pope had announced he was getting married.

Well, figure probably 3 out of 3 farangs wearing amulets probably are not "really" buddist, so fair is fair...I have run into 3-4 catholic Thai girls, almost all from the area up around Mukdaharn near the Catholic shrine "our lady of the marytrs of Thailand" or something like that. Nice place right on nthe Mekhong River.

If I understand it right, the slaughter house industry used to be made up largely of Catholics, as Buddists don't like to kill stuff...

Archived