Christmas Tree up!

Guest baldrick

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, since you all asked, I will tell you. I hate Christmas for many reasons. But mainly for the shallowness of it all. It is the one time of year people make any effort to actually try (in some cases anyway) to act like decent human beings. The rest of the year, it is "fuck you and fuck off."

Additionally, many people do not celebrate Christmas, yet, every fucking place we go, people are asking us about "our Christmas..." Uh what? then you have to explain that you don't celebrate, then they want to know why, and it gets into a mess. I, and many get annoyed when someone wishes us a "merry Christmas" ignorant of the fact that we may not be christians.

Then of course, there is the "other group." You know, the asshole who has to go and put the kabash o0n it all in his/her annual stance at being a pain in the ass. Example, last night at work we started to plan the holiday party, the damned Jahova's witnes (why do these people exist? I swear it is just to annoy me)starts with his crap "...trees are offensive, christmas is offensive (no, it is just annoying), I don't want to have a Party, it infringes on MY religion...and I don't want to be included (don't worry, we ALL hate you, and don't want to bother with you, Christmas, or all year long for that matter..."

Then he goes to all us non Christians (there are a few on the crew) trying to "rally" us to fight the cause..."fuck off and die" I politely tell him. So do the others. We love a party. We don't want this guy to ruin it.

Now yes, I hate christmas, and all the associated hoo hahaha, but well, I love to be a pain in the ass to people who welllike to be a pain in the ass (bit of a conundrum at times) and so, I must yet again endure the annoying Christmas carols, the well wishers (who I know hate me, and are only doing it this one time a year) The over emphasis on consumerism and selfishness etc.

If I had to pick just one thing though I'd say it is the Carols, and the "carolers" what the hell makes these people think I want them singing on my front porch? And the same damned songs every fucking place I go...would it kill someone to write a few new ones?

And of course, this time of year really does wonders to me emotionally. All those memories of being in foster care, not having a family of my own to love me, and make me feel wanted...no, just the state issued Christmas gift, and the foster family...they were o.k. but not really "Mine."

Maybe if someone would take me in at this time of year, buy me a nice gift, treat me as one of their own, "show me some love...? Is that to fucking much to ask here? I mean People, I am dealing with some real pain here! I mean would it kill some girl, anyone to just pay attention to me for 5 goddamn minutes without me paying her? Damn Mother why did you leave me at birth...? And would it Kill Si Saket girl to break me off a "Christmas piece?" No, I think not! wew...what a flash, maybe a break through...yes, it is clear now...ok. deep cleansing breath...

O.k. hu what were we talking about now? Oh yeah, Christmas...I can do with out it.

Guest lazyphil

put the lights on disco mode but that made me really dizzy :p .....still got the shopping to do yet, usual glenenmorangie for dad, mum wants a new teapot and a bottle of gordons dry.....working on littluns, 2 gerbils and a cage etc part of her present suprise, the mrs is getting a dress i've seen.....i want world peace, failing that a bivvy aka foul weather/night fishing shelter.

xmas eve heading 80 minutes east to sandringham, the queens norfolk home to see queeny and her kraut clan.....oh and littlun has been chosen to be mary in the school nativity, picked out of year 1,2,3 and 4....she was mary last year at her preschool nativity also! xmas day at my sisters 350 year old former stagecoaching inn which is right on the icknield way, the oldest preroman road in england, just for the history buffs......cant wait to see a good open fire roaring on xmas day, all i'll need is a rocking chair and i'll be a clone of val doonican!

Guest lazyphil

whats your favorite xmas song, me, its white xmas by bing crosby, fairy tale of new york by the pouges ....and jonha louis, stop the calvery oh and simon and garfunkals silent night.....

The PC police will have to give you one accross the knuckles for calling it a Christmas tree. There has to be some new PC term they use nowadasys. Holiday tree? I don't know but I do know you can't say 'Christmas' any more without being labeled a fundamentalist, religious zealot. :smirk:

Archived