Scammers Or Survivors

ChristianTroy

If you make money an issue, especially bargaining on what is "needed" to live upcountry, your relationship is doomed.

That's a bit dramatic, IMO. In most relationships money is an important issue, simply because it is scarce. So discussing how much money is needed to get by is just on ordinary occurance.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liquidflux, I think Bust was already giving a propper answer, It is most of the times the parents who send their girls in the p4p scene! I wasn't saying she is supposed to improve HER life, she is supposed to improve the parents living conditions and when you believe the girls, making a new house is what they want to do untill they are finally free to live their own lifes. Opinions my vary here a lot, this is what I have been told without having hard facts holding in my hand, except one girls who actually went back to work on a farm after they had 2 shiny houses.

CT,

You seem to be contradicting yourself here. First you say Liquidflux is wrong for saying that a girl should be willing to take a regular job and accept less money as she would working as a BG.

Later on you say a BG will be happy to accept less money if she really wants a relationship with you. What is your opinion really? You can't say Liquidflux' remark is an exemplary shortsided and arrogant farang opinion, while agreeing with his remark later on. :confused:

I am contradicting myself here majorly because I am trying to show 2 sides of the coin.

My opinion is to do the right thing for both of you! If there is unfinished business with the parents I would let her do her job.

The point is that the girl might wanna go with you just like that but the presure of the family will be stronger in the long run and she will have to get this money, either from you or from others. The expectations of a punter are usually short sighted, because having enough food is not the goal, having a new house or the old house rennovated is what is in stake! Someohe will someone have to pay for it! 20k or 30k won't do it and even if the girl is willing to love you for that amount of money and she turns her back to her family and she can handle the presure then I am still not sure of the situation is ideal because, if I was the punter I would feel a lot pf presure on myself now, If'd ever leave her I would leave her with nothing, no money, an angry family and probably she is too old to make things right again! Who knows! My opinion is to let them finsih what they have started and then take it to a serious level, unless you are willing to support the family the way she is able to when she works in the bar!

My opinion is to let them finsih what they have started and then take it to a serious level, unless you are willing to support the family the way she is able to when she works in the bar!

This presupposes most girls start in the bar business with a clear goal and a strategy to obtain those goals. This contradicts my own experiences. Most girls I have known sort of drifted into the business, for several reasons, the most obvious one a lack of money. IME most girls keep the best part of their earnings for themselves, and send only a small part home. My guestimate is around 3,000 baht a mont, upwards to 10,000 baht. The rest is either stashed in a savings account (not very common!), or blown on drugs, luxury items and partying.

I do agree with you that when you hook up with a TG, you will either a) be seen as a sucker who needs to be convinced to hand his money over (most likely scenario) or B) become part of the family and be expected to help out. The differences between scenario a en b are somewhat difficult to spot for most people. One major difference is the amount of respect they pay you in scenario b, and the sincerity of their efforts to pay you back.

IMO, the only way to get a girl out of the bar is if she wants out. If you have to match her pay in the bar, you simply have become her best paying customer, and not her boyfriend!

You hit it songmak

[color:red]

"I do agree with you that when you hook up with a TG, you will either a) be seen as a sucker who needs to be convinced to hand his money over (most likely scenario) or B) become part of the family and be expected to help out. "

[/color]

Why do Thai ladies ask for 200 baht for taxi to return to bar from ST hotels?

Why don't more Thai ladies try learning English at more of the free schools?

When they send money home, where does it go?

Why do some Thai ladies not allow you to see the dump they live in?

It is because they are scammers who are in search of suckers.

I've posted about this before, but i know a girl working in the pong, married with a kid. She works every night, gets a lot of customers, as she is cute (i met her by paying bar, back in my p4p days), but every setang she gets she gives to her husband, who pisses it up, doesn't work and gambles.

She's too ashamed to tell me this. Her best mate told me the story, all she admits too is the child, but get this, she doesn't even have a mobile phone! How many BGs don't have a mobile? She's worked for over a year and still no phone..her husband really doesn't care seemingly, as what if she gets a dodgy customer...she's had a couple of run ins with asshole farang customers and been very upset. 2 times from guys refusing to pay her.

Why does she stay with him? She loves him i'm told...but really being alone would be better. Battered wife syndrome in full effect...she has very low self esteem, low confidence, low self efficacy etc...she really is a sweetheart but i can't see her ever leaving the bar...

She is the one exception i've met. If i was a millionaire i'd do something about it...just because no one deserves this shit.

This presupposes most girls start in the bar business with a clear goal and a strategy to obtain those goals. This contradicts my own experiences. Most girls I have known sort of drifted into the business, for several reasons, the most obvious one a lack of money. IME most girls keep the best part of their earnings for themselves, and send only a small part home. My guestimate is around 3,000 baht a mont, upwards to 10,000 baht. The rest is either stashed in a savings account (not very common!), or blown on drugs, luxury items and partying.

My expression exactly SM.

They may start out with every intention of sending back most of the money earned, but many get sucked in by the scene succumbing to addictions, extravangancy and whatnot.

From what I have seen the ones who do get to build the folks a new house, new car and the stuff they all desire, are the ones who have steady farang sponser(s).

I`d say it is a small minority who makes it on their own paying all that stuff out of their Salary/LT/ST/Ladydrinks/BF etc.

cheers

hn

This presupposes most girls start in the bar business with a clear goal and a strategy to obtain those goals. This contradicts my own experiences. Most girls I have known sort of drifted into the business' date=' for several reasons, the most obvious one a lack of money. IME most girls keep the best part of their earnings for themselves, and send only a small part home. My guestimate is around 3,000 baht a mont, upwards to 10,000 baht. The rest is either stashed in a savings account (not very common!), or blown on drugs, luxury items and partying.

[/quote']

My expression exactly SM.

They may start out with every intention of sending back most of the money earned, but many get sucked in by the scene succumbing to addictions, extravangancy and whatnot.

From what I have seen the ones who do get to build the folks a new house, new car and the stuff they all desire, are the ones who have steady farang sponser(s).

I`d say it is a small minority who makes it on their own paying all that stuff out of their Salary/LT/ST/Ladydrinks/BF etc.

cheers

hn

I tend to think a lot of these girls get involved in it because they see how much money their cousin, sister, mother, neighbor or who ever (in some cases all of the above) make doing it. Whether they have a clear plan of how to save to buy a home etc when they start, tend to doubt it. I also agree, that only a set amount goes home, the rest gets lost in the shuffle.

I also tend to think a lot of these girls don't make the killer bhat they want their colleagues to think they make.

OH ,

other than you who is always able to quote a variety of close male/female Thai friends at any occasion ( you must have assembled several trainloads of South East Asian friends in the meantime ) I can only report about two cases where I know excactly what their history was .

They had nothing to do with your fun-type whores who you think enjoy getting laid by fuckup falangs who are worth shit at home . Case No. 2 worked on a construction site for 150 baht a day to keep the family afloat til she could not stand it any more . So what is the next best alternative , selling noodles ? Age 34 by the way , children 11 + 14 , not much time to waste learning a trade as you suggest . I wait for your proposals ,expert ; they might take a numbers of girls home .

BuBi

Yawn, (condesending) heavy sigh...sounds to me like you need to a)stop being so gullible or B) get out more or c) pay better attention to the obvious or d)meet more whoes/Thais e) all of the above and more.

"Expert?" Hardly, Never said I was, in fact, have often said the opposite. But yes, in 20 years of whoring, I met a few Whores. Also met, a lot of Thais, here and in LOS. Hence, I form my opinions/observations on that. Oddly, some on this board have opinions/observations similar in part or all, to mine, Yet you single me out. I am flattered.

Hmmm, you only know 2 whores and their stories? sad, in fact, damned right pathetic. Age 34 with 2 kids? Please point her out to me, as I love "older" women. What about the other one? is she the sad steraotypical case ('''...so poor had NO other choice...") as well? point her out as well, And I'll give her a boost!

My advice to you is to get out more, stop being so gullible/nieve, pay more attention, meet more Whores and Non Whores/Regular Thais, and then you will be an "expert" in my league, and fit to sit with me and my friends, and talk with us. Until then, remain in your place, until I judge you as fit to address me (condecending/insulting tone intentional). Now can we stop the personnal crap and go back the thread/topic?

Archived