Oh, frabjus day ...

Flashermac

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weren't Iran and Iraq at war with each other at the time? That makes a big difference.

Israel is at war with any state that threatens its existence. Iran stated that it wishes to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth.

I'm not expressing my views here just see it as it is from an Israel viewpoint

Actually, it was Ahmadinejad who said that Israel should be wiped off the map. I can understand the sentiment behind this.

The Israelis would justify an attack on Iran using the logic that Iran is trying to illegally obtain nuclear weapons (this isn't even proven) and that Iran wants Israel wiped off the map.

Since Israel has already illegally obtained nuclear weapons and is busy wiping the palestinians of the map (using armoured bulldozers, snipers, missiles, sanctions and illegal occupation), by their own logic someone should have nuked them a long time ago.

Bloody nut jobs!

Wasn't Iran offered to have Nuclear plants built and run by some French group? The idea being they wouldn't be able to actually run them and use them for weapons, but could get the power...? If so, why aren't they taking them, and stopping this crap? And why isn't the rest of the world putting a brake/muzzle on Isreal...?

Wasn't Iran offered to have Nuclear plants built and run by some French group? The idea being they wouldn't be able to actually run them and use them for weapons, but could get the power...? If so, why aren't they taking them, and stopping this crap? And why isn't the rest of the world putting a brake/muzzle on Isreal...?

Maybe better just to nuke the French :D

Israel is a US-backed terrorist state threatening to use nuclear weapons for the first time since the end of WWII. Wiping them off the map shouldn't be ruled out.

Mate... what kind of acts against nature are you overindulging in while rotting with your smelly bearded brothers in Islamabad?? You seem like losing it...

Mate... what kind of acts against nature are you overindulging in while rotting with your smelly bearded brothers in Islamabad?? You seem like losing it...

Ahh, Kojis. Haven't heard from you in a while, I missed your clever, well considered and witty comments. Good to hear from you again.

You know if you were to turn that question around and swap "..rotting with your smelly bearded brothers" with "rotting with your smelly Jewish brothers", you would be called an anti-Semite.

I guess it's a further illustration of how complete the reversal from persecuted and oppressed victims of racism to racist persecuting oppressor, (bit of a tongue twister, that)has been for your people.

Actually, it was Ahmadinejad who said that Israel should be wiped off the map. I can understand the sentiment behind this.

The Israelis would justify an attack on Iran using the logic that Iran is trying to illegally obtain nuclear weapons (this isn't even proven) and that Iran wants Israel wiped off the map.

Since Israel has already illegally obtained nuclear weapons and is busy wiping the palestinians of the map (using armoured bulldozers, snipers, missiles, sanctions and illegal occupation), by their own logic someone should have nuked them a long time ago.

Bloody nut jobs!

No, actually it is a mistranslation of a quote that was taken out of context. Big surprise, cuz that's what the neo-cons want people to believe.

Per Univ of Michigan Arab linguist Juan Cole, *this* is what was actually said:

"...The phrase he then used as I read it is "The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] from the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)."

Ahmadinejad was not making a threat, he was quoting a saying of Khomeini and urging that pro-Palestinian activists in Iran not give up hope -- that the occupation of Jerusalem was no more a continued inevitability than had been the hegemony of the Shah's government.

Whatever this quotation from a decades-old speech of Khomeini may have meant, Ahmadinejad did not say that "Israel must be wiped off the map" with the implication that phrase has of Nazi-style extermination of a people. He said that the occupation regime over Jerusalem must be erased from the page of time.

Again, Ariel Sharon erased the occupation regime over Gaza from the page of time.

I should again underline that I personally despise everything Ahmadinejad stands for, not to mention the odious Khomeini, who had personal friends of mine killed so thoroughly that we have never recovered their bodies. Nor do I agree that the Israelis have no legitimate claim on any part of Jerusalem. And, I am not exactly a pacifist but have a strong preference for peaceful social activism over violence, so needless to say I condemn the sort of terror attacks against innocent civilians (including Arab Israelis) that we saw last week. I have not seen any credible evidence, however, that such attacks are the doing of Ahmadinejad, and in my view they are mainly the result of the expropriation and displacement of the long-suffering Palestinian people..."

Cheers,

SD

Archived