Oh, frabjus day ...

Flashermac

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I strongly suggest that anyone considering to nuke some country spend a few hours in the Japanese Peace memorial in Hiroshima.

The pictures, movies, artifacts showing the results of an atomic bomb will make a grown man shed a tear or three.

Horrible!

Keep in mind, post war, a few prominent Japanese said if they had had the bomb, they'd have used it also...nione the less, I would tend to agree with you, and hope to see the memorial someday. Frankly, I can't see how anyone who was ever in a war, would want to go and make another war for someone else to have to go through...oh wait, most world leaders now adays never went to war...

As for The first threats since WWII...not quite true...I seem to recall Macaurthur making some threats about it in Korea, and The Cuban ordeal...and Even GWB was supposedly saying he'd use all weapons at his disposal against any country aiding terrorism...when asked about nukes, he stated "any and all weapons available..." more than a veiled threat...

Ahh, Kojis. Haven't heard from you in a while, I missed your clever, well considered and witty comments. "

-I understand how you feel, must feel like in a vacuum not having me around.

"You know if you were to turn that question around and swap "..rotting with your smelly bearded brothers" with "rotting with your smelly Jewish brothers", you would be called an anti-Semite. "

-Indeed, so?

"I guess it's a further illustration of how complete the reversal from persecuted and oppressed victims of racism to racist persecuting oppressor, (bit of a tongue twister, that)has been for your people. "

-My people?? what are u again on to my dear friend?? Islamabad might have a lot of adverse effect on your young mind... what are the best drugs on the market, besides Imam's mumblings ??

The Japanese were a bit embarrassed years ago when the documents relating to Imperial Japan's own atomic bomb project were released.

Of course, the germ warfare projects and their atrocities in China and SE Asia don't seem to register with the Japanese. In fact, the ordinary folks hardly even know about them. "History" tends to be selective in most countries.

Archived