Where is that psychological study of bargirls

EasySt

Hi Guys,

I read a good psychological study of thai bar girls some time ago but can't seem to find it again. It was fairly long and detailed. It was done by a Psychology major as I recall and he did a VERY good job analyzing the complexities of Thai working girls. Can't remember if it was specific to Thai prostitutes or just spent a lot of time on that one area.

Anyways, anyone know where I can find it again?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a Psychological study of BGS???????? That's nuts...someone with way too much time on their hands...or just looking for an excuse to spend a lot of one-to-one time with a lot of BGs....where can i apply for the research assistants post? Damnit!

Well, my research took years of 1 on 1 interviews...some times 1 on 2 or 1 on 5 interviews :hubba: :hubba: :hubba: and gathering research in the various venues. I spent countless hours and dollars in my quest for information. I could really use a grant to keep it all going. But yes, a few studies have been done, and they all came to basically the same conclusions. All women are nuts.

I'll send you pictures of my "subjects" I think you find the results/data astounding!

I think this is a brilliant idea for an entirely new area on Thai360... OH's pictures, results and data from his long term study of TG's!!! Can't wait to see it!!!

Sawasdee EasySt,

I think I know what you are looking for.

The sociologist Erik Cohen has written a treatise about Bangkok bargirls some years ago.

In my opinion the best essay about bargirls and it should be required reading for all farlang guys

coming to bangkok to enjoy nightlife and the girls.

OPEN-ENDED PROSTITUTION AS A SKILLFUL GAME OF LUCK:

OPPORTUNITY, RISK AND SECURITY AMONG TOURIST-ORIENTED

PROSTITUTES IN BANGKOK

Erik Cohen Department of Sociology and Social-Anthropology Hebrew University of Jerusalem

Here is the link where you can read it.

http://www.pattayapages.com/girls/academic.html

Illuminative and enlighting reading!

Greetings from Hamburg

Archived