Gold shop Suk area

buffalo_bill

adanac,

The price of gold jewerly changes depending on the design as I stated above. I don't know how much you will save buying jewerly here as opposed to buying it in the U.S. I don't believe you can buy 99.9% pure gold jewerly in the U.S.

When you arrive in Bangkok go oline or pick up the Bangkok Post and check the Spot Market quote of gold. Then go to the gold shop and do the math.

-O

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in tears .

Where has the romance gone I wished to put into my initial question ? I do not intend to launch a major investment on the gold spot market in Chicago or Yaowarat , I just wish to see the happyness in Nok's eyes " Dahlin you good heart " . What does this have to do with Baht-weight , 99,6 % and such ?

BuBi

BuBi,

I should add that for the BG of your choice the lower grade gold would be acceptable.

-Orangutan

I am in tears .

Where has the romance gone I wished to put into my initial question ? I do not intend to launch a major investment on the gold spot market in Chicago or Yaowarat , I just wish to see the happyness in Nok's eyes " Dahlin you good heart " . What does this have to do with Baht-weight , 99,6 % and such ?

BuBi

BuBi,

Clearly you can see that I've already answered your question. Since your only one of her part-timers then gold plated plastic would probably work for you. The detailed information was only provided for serious buyers.

:monkey: -O

"...Since your only one of her part-timers then gold plated plastic would probably work for you. The detailed information was only provided for serious buyers..."

Thai girls, even the dumb ones can spot the cheap/crap gold (14kt) etc, which they will quickly inform you is not "real gold."

Bubi,

The idea of bht weight and putrity is so you know what you are buying, go to any decent gold shop, and you should get a decent deal...

Someone,

who asked how much pure gold jewelry was per trpy oz etc...expect to pay slightly over the spot price for gold, and then a premium over that for the work. All you will save is on the labor. And some mark ups. 99.999% gold jewelry is available in thwe USA, usually in Asian run shops, and Indian run shops.

How much do these shops charge per troy ounce for gold jewllery. Also approximatly what percentage will I save buying jewllery in Thailand rather than North America ?

It is a commodity and changes daily. Gold shops have the price on the wall or in the window: the higher price is the sell price, the lower the buy. The usual purity shown by these prices is 23K, the most commonly used for jewelry in Asia (24K is 100% pure and is unusual).

The price is in baht weight, which is 15.1 grams or 0.482 troy ounces. The price today is somewhere around B11k/baht, which, doing some quick math and looking at the currency exchange rates (B1=C$30), that means that one troy ounce of gold jewelry bought in Thailand is about C$761.

How does that compare?

Cheers,

SD

Archived