What if we do nothing...?

Old Hippie

O.k. a lot of talk in the other thread about the US involvement in the Middle east. As you know, I am against this war, and why we are in it (our president is a lier). Obvivously, Oil is the driving force here more than anything.

O.k. we have this mess...next door, we have Iran threatening to build Nuclear weapons...or are they? they want nuclear power, which I believe the French offered to build and run for them, thus "eliminating" the threat of the Iranians building Nukes. The French do Nuclear power very well as I understand it. Despite the offer, Iran has alledgedly balked at this idea...

Now, the US is of course threatening to do something. GWB wants 20K more troops to make a final push in Iraq...or maybe park them there, and possibly use them to invade Iran...Navy war ships are supposedly in the area, and more on the way...Americans really have no idea how good or bad the situation is...

Now...assume Iran does indeed ignore the requests to stop building these reactors...Isreal has stated it's intentions, the US has hinted at it's intentions...so war appears on the horizon. O.k. we all know the USA is bad, GWB is a war criminal blah blah...now, the other side...

WHat if nothing is done? WHat if the USA says o.k. fine, no war, we are going home...the rest of the world can handle this...now what if Iran goes ahead with it's plan, builds the reactors, and maybe plays around with bombs? then what? What if Isreal does something drastic, what if the Gulf gets closed as in straights of Hormooz (SP) closed off, wouldn't take much to block the channel...what if the WORLD'S flow of oil is cut off? Then who will you blame? The USA for not doing anything? or the USA for pissing them off so bad they :had: to build a bomb...? If the USA doesn't do something, who will? who should?

Next part...Currently, in the USA, there is a call to build more nuclear power reactors...reason? reduce the depency on forign oil...good idea...wehave had nuclear power here since the 50's I think? 25% of California's power comes from Nukes...etc...we want more.

Now, how can we tell Iran they can't have it, but we can? Should the French make us a similar offer? And for waht sane/rational reason would the Iranians turn down an offer such as that made by the French, unless they had an evil motive? In which case, we are back to the question of who should do what, if the USA does nothing...? Very clearly, we cannot keep bitch slapping the world...discuss...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say that Palestine/Israel is still the issue.

Israel should be stripped of it's illegal nukes (if Iran does want nukes, and they say they don't, then this will remove a major motivating factor behind their drive to get nukes).

A peace agreement should be reached which gives Palestine statehood with open borders and total soverignty. This can be achieved by threatening to cut off all funding from the US to Israel.

America should accept that Iran is going to become a major regional power and that they may actually have to start operating in a principled way when it comes to securing resources.

The sad thing is OH, I believe there is little hope for world peace.

The people running the US (not the US people), are a bunch of wild dogs who will do ANYTHING for profit. They don't give a shit about the regular people be they US citizens or citizens of another country.

The powers that be have one motivation, PROFIT.

IMHO what is needed is something akin to a revolution across the West. The corupt political/business elite needs to be reigned in and people need to take control and participate as much as possible in decision making.

People need to stop sitting on their asses, watching shitty, mind numbing TV shows and actually do something.

I agree, US aid to Isreal should be cut of. It makes a few points. 1) it bitch slaps them into maybe having to learn to cooperate and get along/compromise. 2) It tells the Arabs we are not Isreal's bitch 3) it sends the message that we are not picking sides...Also agree, Isreal's nukes have to go.

Further, I agree, some sort of action is needed where in we wipe out the lousy polititicians and corporate pikes who are fucking up this world...wish me luck.

But the question remains, if the USA does nothing, who will? and what will happen if nothing is done? That region is too viatal (soley because of the oil) to let it be run by mad men...be they Arabs Isralis or western melomaniacs posing as Born again christians...

That region is too viatal (soley because of the oil) to let it be run by mad men.

Having the place run by madmen, or at the very least despots, is exactly what the West wants.

The West wants someone in power who is willing to completely disregard their own population and supply oil (substitute anything else of any worth here if you like) to the multi-national corporations at the cheapest possible price so it can be sold on to Western consumers at vastly inflated prices for huge profit.

Normally, in order to keep order in your country while at the same time raping its resources on behalf of the West, you need to be a madman.

Ok BKKBound, what's your great idea? Wipe out the Muslims?

I suggest you pay less attention to the hysterical mainstream media and more attention to the facts.

The West has done a great job of socially engineering it's people.

Cast your mind back, for years it was the Communists that were going to get us. The US armed and trained the religious nuts to take on the Soviets. The Brits hired Al-Qaeda to take out Ghadafi, funding a bloody terrorist campaign in Libya.

Now the Islamists :yikes: are threatening our way of life... and the Communists are our friends. The US is now training and equipping disident Iranian COMMUNISTS in Iraq so they can launch attacks into Iran.

In any case, it is also worth asking the question who should be afraid of who? The Muslims aren't over in the West bombing innocent Western children or rounding up white people and shipping them off to be tortured.

Never forget that fighting an illegal occupation is not the same as terrorism.

"...The Muslims aren't over in the West bombing innocent Western children..."

Well, yes, they are...9-11...or so that is the excuse being used to justify some of this crap...If GWB just said "...look, Iran has Nukes, we are afraid they may get a bomb, and mis use it, mainly against us...then we thus feel a need to intervene..."

I would accept that...instead, there is all the crap about Al Quaida and terrorists...pisses me off that they think I/we are that stupid...

Ok BKKBound, what's your great idea? Wipe out the Muslims?

I suggest you pay less attention to the hysterical mainstream media and more attention to the facts.

The West has done a great job of socially engineering it's people.

Cast your mind back, for years it was the Communists that were going to get us. The US armed and trained the religious nuts to take on the Soviets. The Brits hired Al-Qaeda to take out Ghadafi, funding a bloody terrorist campaign in Libya.

Now the Islamists :yikes: are threatening our way of life... and the Communists are our friends. The US is now training and equipping disident Iranian COMMUNISTS in Iraq so they can launch attacks into Iran.

In any case, it is also worth asking the question who should be afraid of who? The Muslims aren't over in the West bombing innocent Western children or rounding up white people and shipping them off to be tortured.

Never forget that fighting an illegal occupation is not the same as terrorism.

9/11 in the USA 7/7 in the UK, wake up Fidel also in the UK we have the muslims trying to take over by stealth, the government which shipped troops to Iraq allows muslims to take the piss in the UK. Now thats seriously fuc.......up

9/11 in the USA: Perpetrated by Saudis (Allegedly)

7/7 in the UK: Perpetrated by Brits (Allegedly, no investigation or public inquiry)

So let's kill thousands of Afghans, Iraqis, Lebanese and Somalis... and we'd better take out Iran while we're at it.

I can't think of a single way the US and the UK are going to fix this. They've found out that they can't fight people who are prepared to blow themselves up. The coalition troops spend their day trying to protect themselves and the contractors in Iraq and the minute they change focus something bad happens where they were looking before. The same thing will happen in Iran, OK if they have nukes the politicians will scream of a famous victory, but what then? What if they've got one hidden in Tehran near the best hotels, where of course the victorious leaders will base themselves along with tens of thousands of elite troops to protect them. Who will take the blame for that and what will be the next move? No win, no win.

Something I've always wondered too, what happened to Israel when they formed the coalition of the willing?

Archived