What if we do nothing...?

Old Hippie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9/11 in the USA: Perpetrated by Saudis (Allegedly)

7/7 in the UK: Perpetrated by Brits (Allegedly, no investigation or public inquiry)

So let's kill thousands of Afghans, Iraqis, Lebanese and Somalis... and we'd better take out Iran while we're at it.

Saudis = Muslims

Brits = Muslims

Your point was muslims are not in the West.

"This can be achieved by threatening to cut off all funding from the US to Israel."

Lol!! yeah... might happen soon... just after Isaan girls start coming to the world with sharp nose and a fair skin...

Kojis, the synaguogue's down the street... nice area :thumbup:

before 9/11 the Muslims were trying to blow shit up in the USA , the world Trade center was bombed , a guy got caught at the USA/Canada border with bombs and plans for LAX airport.

Its not like 9/11 was the first thing they tried :(

Now we have totally screwed up Iraq , OK look at Yugoslavia , after Tito it went crazy too , Tito and Saddam kept their countries together by a heavy hand , when they were gone all the centries of hate between groups were out in the open.

Iran is dangerous , but more because its leader knows how to press our buttons with speeches (not actions yet) against Isreal and the Jews,

Isreal will go on without USA help, but the USA needs to show that Isreal is NOT a part of the USA , if you are an Arab it sure looks like Isreal is part of the USA , they are the main problem in the region because no one from the west will speak out against them,

Basically the whole region is fucked up , not because of the USA, it was fucked up before we got there,

the USA just gave the crazies a big target to aim at....

watch Lawarnce of Arabia , they hated each other back then too :(

OC

"...who should do what, if the USA does nothing?"

That's the question OH. It looks like most people are sick of the whole Middle East and wouldn't mind too much seeing it obliterated. It could happen.

Should the US be involved? I think they should. But in a constructive even-handed way. Taking sides is just meddling. Israel is perceived in the US as a bastion of democracy. The Arabs see it as a pain in the arse. So who's right? Basically I think Israel has become a ghetto state. That wasn't the original plan but that's what has happened. They feel insecure. Cutting off funding would just make them feel worse.

I'm not very optimistic. The region is awash with weapons. Nuclear war of some kind seems inevitable. And I don't think the US will be able to stay out of it. Meddling may even bring it on. It's a big ball of shit that keeps on rolling and I'm not sure anyone can stop it.

The biggest problem I see is the American people are begininng to revolt against the USA's foreign policies. They are starting to see some of the lies and are becoming aware of where the money really is going. I fear the country is going to see worse civil upset then it did during the 60's and 70's.

After 9/11/2001, the country should have made sure such a thing could never happen again. Instead it sought revenge in Afghanastain.

The US should have spent its money on social issues such as making sure everybody has medical care but instead decided invading Iraq was a more worthy cause.

People should have realized what GWB was before they elected him. He was a draft dodger... plain and simple and now he wants to make appeasements by trying to prove to the world he is a real man.

After 9/11/2001, the country should have made sure such a thing could never happen again. Instead it sought revenge in Afghanastain.

Americans were definitely in the mood for revenge after 911. That's partly why congress went along with the Iraq invasion.

What happened to 'turn the other cheek'? I'm joking of course HH.

Archived