Time for the US to take action against.... themselves?

Fidel

So, the US/British alliance (Plus a few other minor players who donâ??t really want to be involved), are engaged in a global war on terror.

What does this mean? It would be reasonable to assume that a war on terror involves hunting down, apprehending and bringing to justice those who carry out terrorist attacks as well as those who provide terrorists with safe haven, money and training.

Right now it appears that the US is on the verge of taking military action against the latest enemy number one of the free world, Iran.

Iran, we are told, is funding terrorist attacks within Iraq. We are told that, in an attempt to further destabilize their neighbour, the Iranians are supplying Iraqi insurgents with weapons, training and funding.

If Iraq is to be saved, Iran must be stopped.

How can we argue with that? Of course, if a state is supporting terrorist attacks on its neighbours something must be done.

The problem? The US has NO EVIDENCE to back up these anti-Iranian allegations.

Now, what if the truth is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the US is telling the world?

What the media is failing to tell the public is that the US is in fact funding, training and providing a safe haven for a terrorist organization that is staging terrorist attacks on Iran from within Iraq.

Hereâ??s a little background:

Operation Ajax: in 1953 the CIA, at the request of the British, instigated a terrorist campaign to overthrow the democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran, Mohammad Mossadegh. The Shah was installed as a US/Brit puppet ruler.

A resistance movement, the Peopleâ??s Mojahedin Organisation of Iran, or MEK, was formed to oppose the rule of the Shah.

From Wikipedia:

[color:green]According the U.S. Department of State and the Foreign Affairs group of the Australian Parliament, the PMOI conducted several assassinations of U.S. military personnel and civilians working in Iran during the 1970s and actively supported the U.S. embassy takeover in Tehran in 1979.

After the Islamic Revolution, the PMOI began a campaign against the Islamic regime in Iran.

The PMOI has been officially designated as a Foreign Terrorist Organization by the United States and is proscribed by the European Union (EU).

The PMOI eventually relocated to Iraq, where they received all of their military support and most of their financial support from the Iraqi regime until the 2003 American invasion of Iraq.

After the 2003 American invasion of Iraq, PMOI camps were bombed by coalition forces because of its alliance with Saddam Hussein. They later signed a peace treaty with the US.

The PMOI remains listed as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) by the Department of State. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld declared POMI personnel protected persons under the Fourth Geneva Convention. They are currently under the guard of US Military.

The PMOI exists as a cult as described by the Human Rights Watch in its devastating report No Exit:Human Rights Abuses Inside the Mojahedin Khalq Camps, under the control of Maryam Rajavi.

The leaders of this cult have enjoyed long periods of freedom and the support of a handful of marginal public figures within the Western world while it remained despised by Iranians (for its role in fighting with Saddam Hussein) and Iraqis (for its participation in the suppression of the Kurds and Marsh Shia).

Similarly its operatives were â?? legally or at least well tolerated â?? active in Germany, Denmark and many other countries of the European Union.

The NCRI maintained an Information Office in Washington DC, USA until August 2002, when US Secretary of State Colin Powell issued an order to shut down the offices.

In 2006 news reports linked the PMOI with US threats to attack Iran, specifically use of the PMOI to "prepare the battlefield" for US military action against Iran.

According to the news organisation Rawstory, an intelligence official said that following the 2003 Invasion of Iraq, â??We [the US] disarmed [the MEK] of major weapons, but not small arms. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was pushing to use them as a military special ops team, but there was infighting between Rumsfeld's camp and then National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, but she was able to fight them off for a whileâ?Â.

According to another intelligence source, the policy infighting ended last year when Rumsfeld, under pressure from Vice President Dick Cheney, came up with a plan to â??convertâ? the MEK by having them simply quit their organization." â??These guys are nuts,â? the intelligence source said. "Stephen Cambone and those guys made MEK members swear an oath to Democracy and resign from the MEK and then our guys incorporated them into their unit and trained themâ? for action in Iran.

A UN source close to the United Nations Security Council, again according to Rawstory, said in April 2006 that "the clandestine war had been going on for roughly a year".[/color]

So, the fact of the matter is that the US is funding, training and protecting a terrorist organization guilty of collusion with Saddam Hussein, atrocities against the Kurds and Shias and GUILTY OF LAUNCHING TERRORIST ATTACKS INSIDE IRAN.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the US is intent on fighting IDEAS with weapons.

the US has few ideas but many weapons.

bin Laudin & others of his ilk ultimately have few weapons .. but have ideas that are powerful (to his audience)

most americans have no knowledge regarding the Shah, the idiotic realignment of Mesopotamia by colonialist, or the atrocities committed against Palestinian arabs by zionist butchers.

americans know that God is on their side .. & that is enough, thank you.

remember, the leader of the US & his near majority constituency believes that the Grand Canyon was formed by Noah's Flood..

they are fighting to get Noah's flood theology into public schools.

you cannot expect these people who shun knowledge to have, or desire, any valid information regarding anything.

the UK seems to almost be a puppet state at this point .. & Toni really does come off as a lap poodle.

if I were a Brit, I'd be quite embarrassed by the UK poodle-ism.

as an American I am quite horrified by the murders committed in my name & that my taxes are paying for.

when out of the US, I am humbled to concede my home land.

Fidel? Are you by any chance the real Fidel?

Just kidding you.

And you are right about what the US had done in the past. It was all part of something called a cold war with Russia and that is NOT an excuse.

We got our selfs in this mess, I will not make excuses for some of the bad, dumb, and covert things the US gov. has done in that area of the world over the last 70 years. I, however, am not so sure that we could have avoided a clash of cultures anyway.

1. Israel has the right to exist. They should be getting their little fannies back to the '67 boarders, but they have a right to exist.

2. Do you really feel that women should not go to school, and should be subservent to men in everyway? And all of the other, obvious misinterpretations of the Koran.

3. Extremists through out mans history have always been good for one thing. Fallowing up on their word. (Read that one again,) Fallowing up on their word. They WILL do what they say they will do. They do not sling retoric around like Washington or Downing St. They actually, (hard to believe I know) mean every single word they say.

So, when Iran says that Israel is a one bomb solution, they actually mean it. When they talk about the evil West, they mean ALL non muslim nations. How you feel about Bush will not get you a wake up call saying, " we plan set off a dirty bomb today, so you good person please leave the city", bashing the west will not get the bullseye off your back, so smarten up or start praying toward mecca.

There is a major clash of civiliations going on and if we don't have someone very intellegent (leaves Bush out) on both sides that can come together, make bold moves (like get military personal out of the region in exchange for peace), and bring thier culture out of the 12th century, then we ALL will be in for some hard times.

americans know that God is on their side .. & that is enough, thank you.

remember, the leader of the US & his near majority constituency

The only American that I know of who claims that God is on his side is George W. Bush. Please don't take one person who is delusional and apply his crazy beliefs to all Americans.

As for your statement that he has a near majority constituency, 2/3rds of Americans disapprove of his actions particularly with regards to Iraq.

I don't understand why you grossly misrepresent Americans.

>2/3rds of Americans disapprove of his actions particularly with regards to Iraq.<

the narrow minority I was referring to relates to the "noah's flood / creation" ballot initiatives that are law in several jurisdictions & were narrowly defeated in several other jurisdictions.

80+% of americans believe in immaculate conception

:bow:

.. mary got knocked up & claimed to not have had sex .. :liar:

just as my oldest daughter did! :closemouth:

my beef is with the religious nut cases in the US that account for the 1/3 support the shrub still has.

:worship::grouphug::bow:

:stupid:

1/3 of Americans are documented religious fanatics = to the Sunni Wahabis

+ me thinks ..

I think americans, Brits, Ozzies, .. & .. on this forum are different form their group without international experience.

there remain religious fanatics & generalized nut cases here bouts too. :chili::elephant::ghost::hippie::monkey::_party:

Wow, Another good thread. Thanks Fidel. Not sure where or who to reply to first...ok, first off, Iran/Shah is only one example...Philipines, Pinochet, well fuck it, all of latin America, or damned near it...Vietnam (should have learned, didn't) And lots of other stuff...

Noah's ark...? O.k. explain to me well, I mean can the christians explain to me how a boat was built big enough to carry one of EVERY animal in the world? Now, how did Noah go and round up all these animals in far away lands...? Now, one male and one female...ok they boinked, had off spring...then what? Incest? Or inter breeding? in which case, there is something to evolution? No, not according to The bible thumpers...

Grand canyon...beautiful, not made by a simple flood...made by a team of skilled artisans from Luxumborg, took 10 years to dig out, they piled the dirt in Colorado and made the Rockies... (as good as the flood theory :) )...fuck all with these religious types, always getting in the way of rational thought...Why they just can't accept scientific facts escapes me.

As one guy put it...Scientist tell us how, but bible thumpers want to tell us how why...yet, the BTs can't meet on that ground...instead, we are supposed to halt medical science that could one day maybe save my fat sorry ass because it offends some pecker heads religious beliefes...fuck that!

Isreal...right to exist? Hmmm, wasn't this also the result of UK/USA intervention? Ok in one case, not another? I have no real clue, but How many "Isrealis" are actually from the region? "Ethnically), and how many came from Europe and other countries? Does seem sort of fucked up that 1-2 countries 1/2 a world away can decide it is o.k. for one group to go and take over another country because it was promised to them in the bible...Odd that some accept biblical theory in some cases, but not others...

USA, yes, hand in too many cookie jars to serve our own interests...or those of a specific economic group...but...with all the bad we do, it is odd that others on the outside seem to want to pick and choose our battles for us...examples...bad to go into Kosovo, should have gone into Rawanda...Bad to go into Iraq (1st time, or second) but we should have done more to stop the genocide against the kurds...bad to fly through French airspace to bomb Libya when they were alledgedly fucking with us, but ok to fly over france when the Germans were fucking with them...so you see, we can't have it all...

Wonder what would happen if the USA just "stayed home?" a question I asked a few weeks ago...and with all the lousy shit the USA has done, I'll again ask has the USA ever done anything right/good? Discuss...

<< .. mary got knocked up & claimed to not have had sex .. >>

Watch it! The Muslims will have your head for saying that. The baby prophet Issa even rebuked the villagers for looking down on Maryam, telling them off loud and clear though he was only three days old.

:nono:

"And she (Mary) who guarded her chastity, so We breathed into her of Our Spirit and made her and her son a sign for the nations."

Qur'an, 21:9

<< Noah's ark...? O.k. explain to me well, I mean can the christians explain to me how a boat was built big enough to carry one of EVERY animal in the world? >>

Dunno. You've got me on that. Better ask the Jews ...

:D

p.s. Enlisting in the military has long been a fast way to US citizenship. I had an English Lit prof from Limerick who did it. Got him citizenship in 3 years, instead of 5. Maybe Fidel should think of it.

:beer:

Archived