Suvarnabhumi Full Shut Down

bust

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is where the difference lies with Architects. European Architect are responsible for the whole package and become 100% liable for their designs. In Asia they hold the construction company responsible. So if this was to happen in europe Murphy/Jahn would be held completly accountable forthe run way failures and any other issues arising from sub-standard construction.

hello!! i'm back at Suvanboomboom, this time in the Emirates lounge ... and it's light years ahead than the grim room I would have been in Don Muang if flying on the same UL J ticket... good food spacious room and Dom Perignon... hope I never get back to that old airport...

The new airport's problems are being overblown by those who desire to use that as a means of disgracing Thaksin.

I don't care much for the interior design and there are some things that could be improved, but overall its a major improvement over Don Muang.

I've been there 5 times now, flying both coach and business class, making a connection between domestic and international on different airlines, arriving on international and domestic flights, been there at all hours of day and night, etc., and its been a good experience every time.

My biggest complaint is that the limo scam is just like Don Muang. The taxi stand is hidden out of sight where it is difficult to find, and while you're looking you have to fight off hordes of touts trying to 'help you' by conning you into an overpriced ride. Not a problem after you've been there and know your way around, but scamming newbies is no way to welcome guests into your country.

What I really can't understand in all the discussions about reopening Don Muang, is some of the airlines saying they want to move back because the fees are higher at Suvarnabhumi. The dumbest thing AOT could do is allow airlines to pay lower fees to operate out of Don Muang. It will cost Thailand a lot more to maintain and operate two international airports, and Suvarnabhumi is still going to have to be paid for regardless, so they shouldn't be incenting airlines to move back.

The small Thai First lounge with windows to the runway in Don Muang has been the nicest lounge in the universe . They even had a piano . And because nobody knew the lounge was there , plenty of space .

Good old Don Muang , no cracks in the runways - only in the building, hongnams in hundreds, cheap taxis , phantastic arrivals area and polluted air . I want it back .

BuBi

Archived