Suvarnabhumi Full Shut Down

bust

So from the point of view of this passenger' date=' I think it's ok. Maybe if I was a structural engineer, I might find something more to criticize.[/quote']

Barry, do you apply the same lax standards to women? "She ain't pretty, but she's still got four teeth to chew with, and the one eye still sees alright. She doesn't care of me, but then again, neither did the last woman I had. She may not shower often, but that's okay, she doesn't smell too bad, usually. She's only got the one good leg, and the three nipples are perplexing, but perhaps if I was a structural engineer I'd know better whether there's something to criticise..."

:D YimSiam

The airport is fine. There are plenty worse. It's just become one of those things that everyone likes to slag off whether justified or not.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#, I wouldn't fly first if it wasn't affordable! I am not spending EUR 7.800 for a ticket, I am not insane. In off season I book economy, get automatically upgraded to business and buy for 600 USD an upgrade from business to first (one way)! The dollar is so low recently I am paying about EUR 2000,- for a first class ticket round trip which entitles me to get the same service as someone who pays EUR 5800,- more than me, it is actually cheaper than a business class ticket which is EUR 2300,- In that conext it hopefully looks less snobby "

Hhmm CT, how do you automatically get upgraded more than once a year? and how do U pay 600US only for a stand by upgrade? sounds a bit fishy...

Just bought BTW a BKK-CDG-BKK F ticket with TG and it cost me the only relatively modest sum of 159500THB. Would love to pay less, or about the same price while originating the tickets from paris...

Anyone?

As of the taxis... dunno where's the hassle... everytime I get one as soon as I reach the upper floor road... even got a ride to Chantaburi for 1000TBH only... tipped the guy 200 and he seemed satisfied. And that's way beyond Pattaya.

As of Thalenoi's post... there were some funny notes there... almost makes you believe cheap food and drinks with sexy smiling half naked hostess across the lobbies are regular features in most airports of the world... airports are usually neither a very friendly nor a cheap place to hang out. I don't think Suvaboomboom is below par on that sector...

QUICK REPLY

Where was/is the prominent information desk in arrivals? Disappeared?

As for taxis - what a joke. Asking 2400/1300 etc to Pattaya.

Why would you need an information desk when you have 100 bars/restaurants/shops instead? My head hurt too mutt!

Dude, go to arrivals and offer the taxi driver 1200baht+toll to Pattaya. Done!

Hhmm CT, how do you automatically get upgraded more than once a year? and how do U pay 600US only for a stand by upgrade? sounds a bit fishy...

Additional Upgrades are on good will basis! If you ask and they have seats available you will usually get one when you have Thai Gold. In off season the buiz class is 70% booked, never had any problems, works in Thailand and works in Germany, even worked in Singapore, maybe the french have different policies. According to Bubi it is 650 USD per upgrade now in September it was still 600USD!

You must be the hansum man and pak wan too mutt. I ask every time, and have high miles Gold status (yes, they rank you according to miles to sort the Gold members) of ~150K miles/yr for the past 6 years. But I rarely get the upgrade. Maybe once in 10 flights.

Regards,

SD

SuaDum wrote:

"You must be the hansum man and pak wan too mutt. I ask every time, and have high miles Gold status (yes, they rank you according to miles to sort the Gold members) of ~150K miles/yr for the past 6 years. But I rarely get the upgrade. Maybe once in 10 flights."

In my experience Thai will only upgrade Gold Card Members in economy if economy is full and there is room in Business Class. If economy has a few empty seats you can forget about an upgrade.

Cheers

Fatbastard33

Tiggy:

Me thinks you and CT are talking about two different things ... paid upgrades and op-ups.

TG openly advertises that you can by a space-available upgrade trans-pac from Y to C for $600 or $650 (I forget which). I pretty sure its in their website somewhere.

You are referring to the ever-elusive freebie operational upgrade, when Y is oversold and they roll the cabins: C to F, and Y to C. Op ups are pretty rare ... you stats are probably typical for your level of elite. I've gotten intra-asia op-ups maybe 10% of the time, and only once on a transpac leg (on CX, C to F ... Niiice!).

BTW, how are the performances at the Windsor Ballet this season?

Archived