Suvarnabhumi Full Shut Down

bust

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Limbo, I wouldn't fly first if it wasn't affordable! I am not spending EUR 7.800 for a ticket, I am not insane. In off season I book economy, get automatically upgraded to business and buy for 600 USD an upgrade from business to first (one way)! The dollar is so low recently I am paying about EUR 2000,- for a first class ticket round trip which entitles me to get the same service as someone who pays EUR 5800,- more than me, it is actually cheaper than a business class ticket which is EUR 2300,- In that conext it hopefully looks less snobby!

How do you get automatically upgraded to business class?

No, the biggest mistake was that the place was not built with the travellers confort in mind.

Did they use noise reducing materials? [color:purple]**Dunno but it's not particularly loud in there. Can barely hear planes taking off**[/color]

Did they provide easy access and dropping/pick-up facilities? [color:purple]**Only been by taxi, but it was as easy as anywhere I've been**[/color]

Did they provide short walks to the gates? [color:purple]**Depends on the gate, but so far no. Moving walkways help though**[/color]

Did they provide seating for the waiting/tired edlderly? [color:purple]**Could do with more airside. There are plenty at the gates. There are some landside.**[/color]

Did they provide toilets??? [color:purple]**Yes, plenty in my opinion, though you can never have enough toilets.**[/color]

Did they make it easy to find your way around? [color:purple]**Easy enough, though the signage could be a bit better**[/color]

Did they provide a labyrinth of shops with more expensive "duty frees" than any shop in town? [color:purple]**Yes. Like most major airports.**[/color]

Did they provide for decent priced food/drinks on your way to your gate??? [color:purple]**Food was a bit hard to find, though I found the restaurant in domestic. Landside, there is a large restaurant with a view of the tarmac. Priced more than street food, but still cheap for us.**[/color]

Did they make sure your check-inn and arrival would give you this fuzzy sexy feeling of "I will come back to this fantastic place"??? [color:purple]**Better than Heathrow or Schiphol or Sydney. Slower than Singapore**[/color]

Please think off all what makes taking a plane a nice experience and tell me what they provided for... [color:purple]**Well, I recently spent an hour queueing at Schiphol at 10pm just to get through immigration. Hasn't happened at BKK. I get regularly grilled/searched arriving in Sydney. Never been stopped at BKK. And at Heathrow, fucking hell, long queues to get through security and immigration and is generally a depressing dump of a place**[/color]

:o:o:o

So from the point of view of this passenger, I think it's ok. Maybe if I was a structural engineer, I might find something more to criticize.

good post Barry. As i said before,lots of people are getting their pants in a twist. The length of time I actaully spend in the airport in comparison to LOS and BKK must be 0.0000000000001% of my time. So for me its not a big issue whatever way. If the plane landed on a dirt track and I had to wait 4 hours for my baggage while they unloaded the plane with a tractor and a tuktuk I would still come. Just sit around smoking and having a beer...

Of course it would be great if it was the ultimate in comfort, but for me it ll do just fine.

Only "Nice" experience in taking a Plane...for me anyway...

is when I hear over the PA.....Cabin Crew prepare for landing....I'm almost in Bkk...

Then I know it's only about 40 minutes till I get to see "Someone Special"

Cheers DS / DC

I thought it quite nice to have Miss P and "The Chicky" (no Piggy, not the A2M Chicky, the other one) meet us at the airport last time. :dunno:

Chicky is certainly much easier on my eyes that you for 10 hours LOL! Smells nicer too, but not sure if she kisses better 5555555555

Cheers,

SD

Quite nice!!!!....nah, just normal.....some of us are spoilt...(and love it!!)... 6am and met at the Airport....that's true Lurvvvv for a Thai girl...LOL... and she was sober this time!!

Yeah, guess I was smelling like a Vodka Tonic by the time we hit Swampy Poon...don't remember much of the flight after we left the ANZ Lounge in Melbourne...that 42 Below was tasting mighty fine....pity it took them so long to replace the first bottle we emptied...5555

As for the kissing bit....guess you'll have to wait till you've kissed us both before you can make comparisons.....don't hold ya far can breath waiting :grinyes::neener::neener::grinyes:

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Isn't it likely that the if the runways have cracks due to not having a level bottom, the same applies to the terminal building?

I don't know what runways are built on but the terminal will be supported by concrete piles, and so should not have a problem, unless of course the unscrupulous contractor forgot to install them. :(

So from the point of view of this passenger, I think it's ok. Maybe if I was a structural engineer, I might find something more to criticize.

Barry, do you apply the same lax standards to women? "She ain't pretty, but she's still got four teeth to chew with, and the one eye still sees alright. She doesn't care of me, but then again, neither did the last woman I had. She may not shower often, but that's okay, she doesn't smell too bad, usually. She's only got the one good leg, and the three nipples are perplexing, but perhaps if I was a structural engineer I'd know better whether there's something to criticise..."

:D YimSiam

QUICK REPLY

Just experienced the full joy of the place.

They could do with some signs for a start. Like a rabbit warren in there. Up and down escalators. Asking three different Thai people the same question and getting three different answers. Where was/is the prominent information desk in arrivals? Disappeared?

As for taxis - what a joke. Asking 2400/1300 etc to Pattaya. When I eventually found someone who seemed to know their way around I was directed to the Shuttle Bus, which went all around the world and eventually stopped at the bus station. 106 baht to Pattaya by bus. Then the usual bullshit baht bus mafia/double pricing for farangs bullshit - 20 baht becomes 40 baht. What's the point of arguing with these tossers? Especially when they only charge the 2 Thai looking Korean lads 20 baht each. They got on and off the same spot as me. Welcome to Thailand.

Archived