Suvarnabhumi Full Shut Down

bust

Maybe, but he mentioned "good will basis" which I read as "free."

The ballet is fine, but I am bored with it, so I am hanging in Thonglor, 33, RCA, Lang Suang & Rachada, as well as the usual dives in the Square.

Doing a 6wk-6wk rotation for now (6 in Asia and 6 in DTW). In DTW now til 1 April, lucky me.

You are do for a trip soon.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that you cannot get an upgrade at check-in. They can however send a request through to the gate and it is then left up to the flight crews discretion. Some airorts it is a policy as check-in upgrades became a nightmare for crew.

Quaint arse... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Using my points as quick as possible. Don't trust them with the take over moves......sorry Sir your 3,967,532 points are now useless...Under the new FF rules you can redeem them for a one way flight to Launceston...

As for the chance of ever getting a "Freebie" upgrade.... :rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

You must be the hansum man and pak wan too mutt. I ask every time, and have high miles Gold status (yes, they rank you according to miles to sort the Gold members) of ~150K miles/yr for the past 6 years. But I rarely get the upgrade. Maybe once in 10 flights.

Handsome - nid noi ;) Pak Wan - yes!

Both have nothing to do with it! Even my miles/year have nothing to do with it i am just doing 85k a year.

A good friend of mine who is on a plane almost everyday once told me not to buy the cheapest economy ticket, he said "buy if from the dedicated reservation line" If i am informed correctly there are 4 different classifications of economy tickets (have letters but I really don't recall them) if you buy directly from the airline it is usually the most expensive one but they don't have to pay commission to an IATA and their agency. According to my friend this is the ticket that gives you an upgrade. I never forced my luck and tried anything else!

However it only works in off season. In high season I book business and upgrade with miles or credit card and sometimes the old lady who happens to be THE travel agent of my village finds me a very cheap "grey market" first class ticket which is a couple of euros cheaper than upgrading from buiz to first. That would be 3300 Euros (class "A") and the regular ticket is 7800 Euros (class "F")

For some reasons I am falling out of the business seats when I sleep because they have a 25 degree angle and when I sleep I am loosing power in my legs (not kidding) Economy is out of the questions for me and I really like the first class treatment which starts with 1st class train transfer, better lounge services, quickest check in ever, really decent food and most important is that you arrive relaxed because I sleep 8 hours, that safes me an entire day of my precious time. However I am a spoiled brat I guess but I honestly fall out of the buiz seats and I don't see why I have to sit at coach where I can't sleep and get terrible food! :crazy:

Archived