I Am Helmut

Helmut

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok basically, my first Post in German (my apologies if I butchered the language...) translate roughly to "...I think you are full of shit, and you will soon buy a bar (direct reference to every rookie's dream of pitching it all at home and buying a bar in LOS...and we all know that is the fastest way to become a millionaire in LOS... :) )I doubt you understand this, and sorry if you are not German...sorry my German language skills are not very good..." More less anyway...

Second post was basically "...I am a market speculator..." (used a Thesuras (German) to find a word close to punter, got that one...

OH, I think the word you actually want is "freier", if my blood-memory serves. Current Germans may wish to verify. Also, leave out the "ein" unless you're intentionally repeating JFK's famous error--"I am a jelly donut!" Auf Lederhosen!

Wonderful post by the OP. I look forward to more of his work. Hint: next time try to put more verbs at the end of sentences.

Actually Old Hippies version of German was understandable. JFK said nothing wrong he said "Ich Bin Ein Berliner" He said it right, if he cut out the EIN he would have said "Ich Berliner" which would mean "Me Berliner" He wanted to say that he feels like a berlin local and he said it perfetcly, even pronounced it good for an american who usually butcher our language.

By far the best "german speaks english" joke ever is that one

posted it a couple of times already but I think it never gets less funny!

Archived