I Am Helmut

Helmut

Since this fine board sems to be heading for new hights of intellectual wrestling I am consequently joining the discussion :

" Ich bin Berliner " specifies kind of national membership like " I am New Yorker " .

" Ich bin ein Berliner " compares to " I am a New Yorker " , I forgot now what I wanted to comment , sorry .

If you are in your local bakery and and a brownish piece-of-shite looking thing talks to you " I am a Berliner " , then you can eat it .

If your favorite Katoey says to you " I am a Kennedy " he is probably lying .

BuBi

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BuBi

your oversimplification might not be appropriate for the intellectual level of this board!

probably, but what if he says "I am a Wiener", is he coming from Wien/Vienna or is he referring to something else? and what is a appropriate answer from a German like Helmut? "I have a Frankfurter!"

but for a american Katoey, would it be appropriate to say: "I am a Kennedy and i will hide my Vice President Johnson (alternatively: i left my VP Johnson in Yanhee!)"?

Fuck just went though 30 replies and we still haven't heard or found out who is Helmut :mad:

And this german stuff is starting to hurt me head.

I only try and speak German while at home when I cross border into Acchen (then the wife speak's fluent German) and usually that's only "eine bier bitter" (Dog, one beer please :D, note to Dog:as an international beer drink I think it important that one should have the relative skills to order beer in multiple languages) :drunk::beer:

Still can't recall what I wanted to say , only that it was f####### brilliant .

ND ,

no reason to be scared by Yeorman language as long as you can understand :

Achtung !

and

Das Betreten des Rasens ist verboten '

The latter meaning : Don't walk on the grass .

uBi

Archived