Problem with somchai

Helmut

Maybe not manly in the Wild Wild West kind of style but it turns out when 2 aggressors talk directly with each other and nobody else can stir things up, both parties truely have the chance to explain their point of view. Just happened recently with me and someone I was always clinching with, it doesn't mean we will be a couple from now on and will never disagree, but the fact that he contacted me in private grew my respect for him a lot, The conversation ended in good terms which wouldn't be possible on the board because of it's stalkers and I am keen to meet him next week and I am 99,9% certain that he is a really nice fella from the reasonable way he talks in private!

Many of these ego battles are based on misunderstandings and sorting things out in private doesn't give those never tired flamers the chance to poor oil in the fire! Give it a shot!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boards are very safe and I don't believe in that there exist loopholes. Servers are not secure however and if you're a good hacker you can access any server in the world - even Pentagon has had their servers hacked several times. So IMO if there're loopholes those are related to the database and with access to the database it's easy to find the IPs.

An alternative is that you send a link to a homepage you control to a person - if he will press that link the webmaster/administrator will see the IP of the visitor.

Perhaps a moderator or more are in on it? Seems when I PT a certain person, another poster almost immediately knows about what was said...I tested this theory awhile back, and again recently...seems to hold up. Hence, I tend to suspect that this person who may or may not be a mod, is in on all this. Sort of takes away from the credibility or the board and the spirit of anonymous mods...of course, I might be wrong.

OH, it's best to clear such things directly, send KS an email or PT with the name of the guy you suspect.

Guest lazyphil

i was born at home and we had a pet siamese cat then, kept sneaking into the bedroom i was delivered in, midwife in the end got it removed from the house! very tenecious cat, used to open fridge door and steal food!!

Archived