Problem with somchai

Helmut

Great Ceasar's ghost!

I, and I suspect some others, barely pay enough attention to what's on this board--other than grammar issues, of course--to be able to identify posters who aren't personally known to me or who are particularly annoying. I honestly would have had no idea that Helmut was a goof on CT if CT himself hadn't been such a drama queen about the whole thing. Yes, it was clearly a goof, but I thought it was just a bit of fun at the expense of the Germans. The same could be done for (or to) any other nationality here; in fact, I think there should be a writing contest for "Best Fake Newbie Introduction Letter", with extra points for grammar, correct or otherwise.

I can't even see why the mods should be concerned. CT was never directly impugned, and I've seen people get away with far worse crap with nary a peep from the authorities. If CT wants everyone to know that soneone's making fun of him, then that's his business. Why he didn't simply PM Helmut in the first place if he had a problem is beyond me.

Can we get back to the grammar now? I'm feeling drowsy.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helmut only made one more post, and he STOPPED all posts BEFORE this became a issue I thought, I could be wrong as I get lost looking back at what time what posts where made and my internet sucks today!

If people encouraged him then it just goes to show he was funny.

Aren;t we all figments of our own imaginations when we post here under aliaises?

I tried not encourage him...i posted *yawn* right at the start of this most stimulating of discussions...there was a reason for that....

Good to see you again Buddha.....what's the latest in the rollarcoaster you call 'life'?

I'm intrigued by the whole clique thing...i'm thinking of forming one...can one person be a 'clique'? Just so i don't feel left out...

for crying out loud.....buddha is buddha and only buddha.

Not a troll, just weird.....

I hope that clears things up.....

hey! watch it there.

And yes it would be possible to get everybody's IP address with enough patience with just regular access. I thought about it for about 5 minutes and figured out how, I just don't see it being worth my time or effort to do it.

Archived