The best restaurant in Bangkok is??

>well.. I'm not a Dalat's fan... setting could be much better and food didn't leave me an everlasting impression - actually on my second visit there I walked out before sitting down so poor I found the decoration and space.

I really am quite shocked to be honest. I must have taken dozens of people there, and all have raved over the place. Several of my friends who come from Europe *insist* we make a visit there each trip.

You are sure you were in Dalat, and not Dalat Indochine?

-j-

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy Stickman ( real name : Ng Trg Flwrn , he's Vietnamese ) keeps on praising a place called Angelini's at the Shangri La as the best Italian food in SEA . In a week's time I will walk there and give it a try . In case this Stickman is wrong and I waste an evening with lovely Nok by the river I will buy a pair of gaspipe - pliers , try to find the man and cut something off him .

BuBi

Dearest Buffalo man,

I stand by my comments about Angelini's but with one proviso - go in the evening. There is a different menu at lunch time and it is not quite the same in daylight, as it is in the evening. I would also recommend a pre-dinner cocktail in the bar which is right at the entrance to Angelini's. Also, a table up the top in the restaurant is superior to one below. You can take in more of ther atmosphere from atop, in my opinion.

I am sure Nok will love you for it!

"I've never had a girl prefer somewhere posh over street food even though she's not paying."

Jeez mate... what kind of girls are U taking out?? they might feel more in tune to the street walk than 5 stars surroundings but perhaps you should widen the social scope of your dates... besides I doubt many BGs wouldn't enjoy a meal in Sirrocco or a similarly spectacular place...

Guest lazyphil

one goes to orlando to see micky, one goes to paris to be romantic, one goes to cambridge to study, one goes to new york to shop, one goes to klosters to ski, one doesn't go to bkk to fart about in fancy restaurants does one :smirk:

Archived