How dumb are Thais?

thalenoi

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been quite a few years now, but I was there the night Good Thai Girl came to Woodstock. Although I have no doctor's report...she certainly appeared to be a girl (althoug I suppose it's possible somebody else writes some of her posts)

So sorry to hear that you still don't believe that all my posts are written by me. Is it hard to believe that a Thai woman can master English that well? Have you met some Thai PhD graudutes ? Their English are far better than mine ! Mine is just floor floor na ja.

But then again, you believe what you want to believe. No matter how hard I try to convince you guys I think it is useless. Better do someting more productive ...like reading the Night life section. Pretty entertaining. Eheheeh

GTG

Ps. You were at Woodstock with another board member. He was a regular on this board but I haven't seen him post for a long time. What's his board name? I tried to recall but no avil.

Can any of our upcountry people enlighten me as to why Thais tend to sit in the rear section of a pickup truck bed? Given an empty truck, they seem to like to sit at the tailgate - where it's more bumpy, windy, and likely to dump your ass on the asphalt. Hmm. Must be a good reason for it, I just don't know what it could be. Certainly Thais aren't so dumb that they don't realise that it's nicer to sit close to the cab?

YimSiam

Well yesterday evening after a meal at the village restaurant we stopped by the gf's parents.Relaxing under a tree I observed her youngest brother jumping on his motorbike and speeding out the village withouth switching on the lights of his bike.

Sitting on my porch after dark I also see sometimes unlit motorbikes passing by, and this road leading to other villages is not very lit neither.

Anyway, around 10% of motorbikes have their red backlight dead for many months,I guess they never check?

Then on the main road to Udon Thani I often see these motorised tricycles driving at 30km/h with NO lights at night.

Maybe or reborn GTG can explain why this should NOT be considered dumb behavior?

Yimsiam, I can not answer your question, maybe it's more fun to sit outside?

GTG

Ps. You were at Woodstock with another board member. He was a regular on this board but I haven't seen him post for a long time. What's his board name? I tried to recall but no avil.

I'm sure you have someone else in mind, but I was there as well.

I'll let these lines taken from this article speak for themselves ...

"Police investigations into the two events are under way and [color:red]initial findings suggested they were improper.[/color] A sub-committee on improper media set up by the [color:red]Culture Ministry will meet today to lay down guidelines for deciding what improper media actually is.[/color]"

Did I say dumbfucks?

And now for some semi-quantitative data in this artcle:

EDUCATION / NATIONAL TEST

Scores drop in most core subjects

SIRIKUL BUNNAG

Students have scored lower marks in almost every core subject at the 2006 annual National Test, Basic Education Commission (BEC) deputy secretary-general Somkiat Chobphol said yesterday.

And I guarantee it is NOT because they were so high last year.

OTOH, who is more dumb, the average 7/11 worker in Thailand or in the US? Maybe the one in the US, for not taking advantage of the many opportunities that Thais are not privy to?

Yim,

I've noticed this myself and think that the tailgate end gives you more of a breeze to cool them down. It's usually hot as hell sitting in the back of a pickup here. I figure it's the air movement. Dangerous though in my mind, but we know how many Thais just don't seem to be phased by dangers we see as foolish risks ourselves. JMHO.

What truly gets me is how the kids crowd into a bahtbus here in Surin to and from school, with the older boys clinging to the back of the truck standing on the step. And the 'school bus' driver is driving like the truck is empty, and no one will ever fall off the back of this overcrowded vehicle. I wonder how many times kids are injured due to this foolish behavior that no one seems to feel is a serious child-safety problem?

Cent

Archived