How dumb are Thais?

thalenoi

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

khunsanuk :bow: ,

to upgrade the common knowledge about water ( unbottled ) : although the guy will have a major surprise seeing the water level rising at the Thai coast one day ( such as GWB at the Texan coast ) , the surface of the water does not show a common level , being " flat ". Apart from waves which are local events , the sea shows huge mountains and valleys which you just do not recognize .

BuBi

Off-topic but intellectually stimulating

This thread has come a long way, must be something to it when you ask me!

Lets put more oil into the fire

Talking about this climate conference in Bangkok, every nation was allowed to appoint 2 representatives, Thailand as the hosting nation was allowed to appoint 22 reps. 10 out of 22 didn't show up and none of the others was speaking. How embarrassing is that for a host nation? The official reason was "we had no time to elect a speaker!"

A country like Thailand who has suffered from one of the biggest water related catastrophes in centuries playing down the raising of sea levels with such a childish excuse is ridiculous! It is very painful to listen to that crap!

Perhaps the modifier "water-related" would be the connection? Anyway, the guy would most likely say that Thailand is not at risk of a tsunami, because tsunami is obviously a Japanese word, and Thais do not speak Japanese, so therefore no tsunami could impact Thailand.

I suspect the island states would be happy to note that the higher the sea levels are, the worse the impact of a tsunami will be.

YimSiam

Hi,

"Is not (most of) the ice floating on the ocean in the Arctic & Antarctic?"

Quite a lot of ice on land as well in the Arctic I believe.

Sanuk!

I think the arctic is all or mostly floating, but the Antarctic has enough ice on land to raise sea level 60 or so meters, and another 7 or so from Greenland.

http://www.pol.ac.uk/psmsl/puscience/index.html#4

Interestingly, the sea level on the Pacific side of the Panama canal is higher than on the Atlantic side, so if they dug a trench there would be a flow from the Pacific to the Atlantic. :)

The floating ice shelfs in Antarctica, Greenland and Canada used to be attached to the grounding ice!!! Therefore it doesn't need the grounding ice to melt to raise the sea levels, it just needs to detach which is the first result of melting!

Seawater is denser than freshwater, the ice cube in a glass experiment doesn't apply in this case!

Archived