How dumb are Thais?

thalenoi

Well done! Almost bought two on the spot!

Pointed it out to them, NO - You Farang you dont understand, so speaking Maths only, a language I am pretty fluent in, I just "Showed" them

Was fun watching them trying to work out what to do with 5000 flyers!

Problem was transposing, it should be 18,299, but some one left off the "1"

DOG

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gulf of Thailand won't rise with global warming, expert claims

Apr 23, 2007, 3:03 GMT

Bangkok - Global warming is not likely to cause the sea level in the Gulf of Thailand to rise because the body of water is too far from melting glaciers, a leading Thai hydrologist claimed on Monday.

Recent forecasts by the United Nations' Inter-governmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which predict a 40 centimetre rise in sea levels by the end of the century will cause flooding for up to 94 million Asians living in coastal areas, may not apply to the Gulf of Thailand, according to Suphat Vongvisessomjai, a former professor in water resources engineering at Bangkok's Asia Institute of Technology.

'The climate change panel's projection was wrongly accepted to apply to the Gulf of Thailand,' Suphat told The Nation newspaper. 'We are too far from melting glaciers or ice sheets.'

Suphat added that, in fact, recent research shows that the average sea levels along some coastal provinces on the gulf have declined 0.3 to 0.6 centrimetres over the past eight years.

The hydrologist, now an employee of Team Consulting Engineering, called on the public not to panic over the IPCC findings.

'The climate change panel did not deceive us or exaggerate. Its scientific findings are just based on the environment of their scientists, most of whom live in Europe,' he told the English-language daily.

Asia-Pacific news

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Hi,

"Global warming is not likely to cause the sea level in the Gulf of Thailand to rise because the body of water is too far from melting glaciers, a leading Thai hydrologist claimed on Monday."

I'm no hydrologist, but I'm fairly certain that water always finds a level. So, how could it be lower in Thailand?

Sanuk!

????? Too far away? I wonder where this guy went to school? Wouldn't melting ice in the poles raise all oceans levels, or is there something I am missing here?

Cent

My question is: Is not (most of) the ice floating on the ocean in the Arctic & Antarctic? If so, how will it melting raise the sea levels? I'm just a dumb engineer, but my Black-so' glass does not overflow when the ice is gone.

Now the drink gets weaker, but that (desalination of the oceans) is another issue.

Cheers,

SD -- drinkin' fast so the ice doesn't melt

Archived