How dumb are Thais?

thalenoi

I am not sure if Thais are dump or too lazy to think, but the most Thais that I know would always blow a chance that could improve their lives when he has something better to do this day. It appears to me that they believe hat if there is 1 chance there will be a 2nd one for sure! Thais think from A to B, they never think of the next step before it happens!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen Thais do some very dumb things, and some Mexicans do some very dumb things, and some Americans do some really dumb things, etc. However, I don't make posts saying "How dumb are Mexicans?" because it's insulting to a large group of people for no reason.

I've also seen Farangs in Thailand do some very dumb things. For example, one of the dumb things I've seen Farangs do is to use anecdotal evidence to try to prove Thais are stupid.

And I have seen some very intelligent people do some very dumb things. If you want to accuse me of stereoptyping, go ahead, make your day.

Fact is that average Thai IQ is 91 and Korea South 106, so the chances to see dumb behavior would be higher in the first country. It's probably due to the eductation system and higher figures are not necessarly better, If you wish to discuss that please start a new tread.

I do see baffling stupid behaviour in this country and you are saying this subject should be banned? :o

Most of that dumb behaviour is contra-productive, see Gadlfies comments on how this governement is dammaging this country, so Gadlfy should shut up?

Anyway, just saw an other example on the road Sakhon Nakon to Udon this morning: a truck filled with tomato crates was laying on his flanc and a big lorry was trying to bring the truck back on its wheels at no avail and blocking the road by this in both directions. I would guess from my education that it would be usefull to remove the tomato crates from the lorry and then try to turn the truck back on its wheels, but who am I to insult the thais with such cheap crappy comments?

On the way back two hours later that truck was still laying there filled with tomato crates. :angel:

Fact is that average Thai IQ is 91 and Korea South 106, so the chances to see dumb behavior would be higher in the first country.

That's an interesting statistic. Could I get your source?

It's probably due to the eductation system and higher figures are not necessarly better, If you wish to discuss that please start a new tread.

I do see baffling stupid behaviour in this country and you are saying this subject should be banned? :o Most of that dumb behaviour is contra-productive, see Gadlfies comments on how this governement is dammaging this country, so Gadlfy should shut up?

I never suggested banning anything and I respect Gadfly a lot and learn from him, just as I have learned from you and respect you. I also respectfully disagree with you on this subject.

With the level of education available to all thais, not just the richs ones, they are not doing too bad. With the level of education available to farangs they are not doing so well!

How many Farangs her in Thailand do you know who have been ripped off blind not once but twice! now thats bloody dumb!

Fact is that average Thai IQ is 91 and Korea South 106' date=' so the chances to see dumb behavior would be higher in the first country. [/quote']

That's an interesting statistic. Could I get your source?

It's probably due to the eductation system and higher figures are not necessarly better, If you wish to discuss that please start a new tread.

I do see baffling stupid behaviour in this country and you are saying this subject should be banned? :o Most of that dumb behaviour is contra-productive, see Gadlfies comments on how this governement is dammaging this country, so Gadlfy should shut up?

I never suggested banning anything and I respect Gadfly a lot and learn from him, just as I have learned from you and respect you. I also respectfully disagree with you on this subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_and_the_Wealth_of_Nations

http://www.sq.4mg.com/NationIQ.htm

I remember reading some comment emanating from the Thai ministry of Education mentionning average IQ getting down to 87 and the mesures Thailand should take to remedy this.

Sure there are dumb people everywhere, including myself and yourself, nevertheless my tread is about dumb stories experienced in LOS, some migt be funny most are counterproductive and thais will not admit their errors (try to convince them of a better way) I was asking for other dumb stories on this board.

Up to you if you and others want to feel offended.

It is not different from the legendary Dutch avarice (KS should know) but this board is about Thailand, not Mexico or Holland.

Also on the road just witnessed something very dumb, and dangerous. A minivan drove straight across a crossroads. Then immediately he reached the other side he decided he didn't want to go that way so he stopped immediately after the junction i.e. within 2 metres of it. :crazy: Then he proceeded to reverse around the corner into a line of now proceeding traffic. :confused: Thus causing all sorts of problems for them and near misses etc, just so he could swing his vehicle around and go right.

Why he didn't just continue a little ways and find a safe place to stop and turn around is anyone's guess. One can only presume he didn't think today was his day to die. :smirk:

Thanks for the links. To me, the objections to the first article make more sense than the article itself (and by extension the second since it is based on the first).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_and_the_Wealth_of_Nations#Criticism

Sure there are dumb people everywhere, including myself and yourself, nevertheless my tread is about dumb stories experienced in LOS, some migt be funny most are counterproductive and thais will not admit their errors (try to convince them of a better way) I was asking for other dumb stories on this board.

Up to you if you and others want to feel offended.

It is not different from the legendary Dutch avarice (KS should know) but this board is about Thailand, not Mexico or Holland.

If the subject had been "What Stupid Things Have you Seen People Do in Thailand?" I would not have objected in the least. Instead the subject of your original post is "How Dumb are Thais?" That's a rude topic in my opinion.

My mate's girlfriend is from Khorat and her mum came down to visit and stay in their apartment.

One day they sent her out to get some food and wondered what was taking her so long. She was stood in the corridor by the lift doors waiting for the lift to come and get her. She hadn't worked out that you had to press a button.

Cheers

Archived