Stomach Shrinking

scott808

Damn, the last few years I have put on some weight by eating and drinking. My new years resolution was to change my life style somewhat.

I have been cutting down on my drinking dramatically. From 6-7 days a week to maybe 1-3 times a week. And I have been eating less portions during my meals.

So it's been 2-1/2 months since the small change in habits, but I can really see a difference this morning. My stomach is half the size it was before the change.

I guess I wanted to know what types of food or exercises that will help me get a rock hard stomach? (Six Pack)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Set ups by themselves will increase muscle tone but if there's fat one top of it you will not notice.

If you do the same sit ups they will stop making a difference as well, you need to try and do as many different types which will help exercise the different parts of your stomach.

I've found my stomach was at its flatest when I was doing no sit ups at all, but running 5 miles a day.

However to be honest if as I suspect your past your early twenties most of the time your going to be pissing in the breeze. Exercise to stay fit eat sensibly and accept the fact that you might carry a few more pounds than you did ten years ago.

cheers

Spot reducing fat is a myth. You can't work a single area and expect it to get leaner than other areas. It has been proven you can do hundreds or even thousands of situps every day and not get abs. You get abs by reducing total body fat, there is no other way. Just remember the golden rule known by experts: "abs are made in the kitchen"

both SiLeakHunt and Neo are correct.

A great site that puts out really sound info is leonardfitness.com

He explains the spot reducing myth well and provides a good deal of insight on 'diet modification' and excercise.

Here's the deal. Losing a chunk of weight is a lot more work than a lot of people want to do, but once you have changed your lifestyle a bit and gotten to the level of fitness you want maintenance is a breeze.

Yes it is a lot of work to get down to a 'ripped' physique, but once you are there it can be maintained by four moderate workouts a week and a healthful lifestyle.

The fact is you already have a six/eight pack it's just covered by a layer of fat.

"abs are TRULY made in the kitchen"

I am giving myself a present for my 40th birthday. A killer set of abs like I had when I was 25. I am busting my ass everyday getting there, but I know that I can do it, and once I get there I will be happy for the effort.

There will be a letdown phase when your weightloss tapers down and you almost look 'worse' because your skin hasn't adapted to your slimmer self, but drive on.

Guest lazyphil

i'm 35 and weigh 12 stone, was 16 stone 18 months ago, havn't been 12 stone (want to gain some muscle mass, fat loss is EASY, muscle mass is harder!) since i was 17. i've settled for four 4.5 mile runs (incorporate sprints throughout) per week, cycle to work, 1 upper body (chest, back, shoulders, arms etc) work out and 1 lower (core, legs, abs) workout. Eat SENSIBLE foods, NO snacks, between meal treats, avoid booze if possible :crazy:, i do give myself one day in 14 to scoff and drink what i want ....for stomach/abs i do weighted crunches using a 30kg dumbell held at my forehead, do 12-15 reps x4 sets .....do this program and you will lose your gut, mine is as flat as a pancake, 32 inch! but dont focus on one aspect of your body....there are NO shortcuts and it is hard work at times but eventually it becomes just routine...

"i'm 35 and weigh 12 stone"

Stone?? what on an swampy Isaan rice field is that?? There's no stoning allowed on this board Phil... we want you no harm... by all means keep on your healthy diet but please switch to some metric system more widely understood...

They'll stone you when you're trying to be so good

They'll stone you just like they said they would

They'll stone you when you're trying to go home

They'll stone you when you're there all alone

But I would not feel so all alone.

Everybody must get stoned

They'll stone you when you're walking on the street

They'll stone you when you're trying to keep your seat

They'll stone you when your walking on the floor

They'll stone you when your walking to the door

But I would not feel so all alone.

Everybody must get stoned