Stomach Shrinking

scott808

Neo please do not confuse burning calories with burning fat.

Sure running is more work and burns more calories, but those calories come from:

first: glycogen [sp] your ultimate fuel

second: fat not a good fuel, so inefficient that you will go to number 3

Third: cannibalization of muscle tissue.

Walking burns less calories, but since it is so low impact it can be fueled by fat a poor energy source. You can actually target fat as the fuel from which the calories will be burned.

I didn't read the whole article.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

none of this is rocket science, eat less of better low fat, low salt food, unprocessed food, exercise more....until i started running in sept i couldn't shift the last few pounds around my gut, cycling 40 miles 3 times a week, walking, swimming wouldn't, running had it off in no time.....you have to have a program thats practicalk for daily life, its a lifetime commitment, make it something you can stick too!

Running is probably the fastest way to build cardio, and cut weight. Mixing the sprints as you do is an added boost. Have you ever done a work out of just sprints? try it, I think you will be amazed!

For me, I have been told by my surgeon that with my knees, running would be the worst thing...oddly, he has no worry about skipping rope on a padded floor, or with Muay Thai or Ju Jitsu...hard to figure...he was also down on inline skating or Ice skating.

Guys, I'll give it a try soon. I was going to run this week, but I got sick again. The frickin diarrhea again. I wonder if it's from not drink 1 week. (world record for me)

Motivation? I got plenty. I guess I was thinking about what I wanted in life. And one thing was a skinny healthy women. So I don't want to be a hypocrite, so I should also be skinny and healthy.

3 years ago, I was training for the police academy. I was 210 pounds and after 8 months, I got my weight down to 179 pounds and 22 percent body fat. Well, that's what they told at the physical.

I was running 4-5 times a week. Doing push-ups and sit-up daily. Some days I would run 3 miles. And others I would run 4 or 5 miles. I could see the six pack trying to form, but it was skinny and I was happy.

After going through the selection process. I got a non-selection at the end due to my back problems. (I had a herniated disk and operation).

After that happened. My life turned for the worst. Or maybe for the best. I got divorced and I started drinking like there was no tomorrow.

Put back 20 pounds and here we are today.

http://www.concept2.com/us/default.asp

I have a passion for rowing and workout almost daily on the Concept 2 in my fav gym.

10 000 meters best score, 6 X 2000 meters hard rowing, one hour best score, 30 minutes challenging intensity, half marathons, ect .. exercise plans are uncountables.

It's IMO the best exercise, which use more muscle groups than any other. Thanks to Concept 2, I can easily get down my daily pack of Forster's without worrying too much.

Guest lazyphil

i'm trying to gain a 2 or 3 extra kilos in muscle, the running makes that harder i think, stuffing my face with fish, chicken, pulses, beans good complex carbs, greens etc....my genes are not in my favor :crazy: , still i'm ok with lean that fat bastard as before!

Archived