Mr Tough Guy

Flashermac

"Right now, in theory, yes, the employer is *supposed* to verify that the applicant has a legal right to work in the USA."

Some illegals have legal driver liscenses and social security cards. When they apply, they show ID and claim they are legal. At this point, the employee is at fault. Also, there is no way an employer can gain access to verify that documents produced are valid and that the person is legal to work in the USA. If an empoyer did have that right, they would be using it to check everybody else out. Employers do not have police authority, although it would be nice if we did.

As far as illegals are concerned, the major problem in the USA is overstay. If somebody from the UK decides not to go back home when they are suppose to, it is very easy for them to blend into the US society. Not of the 9/11 terrorist arrived to the USA illegally - they just overstayed.

Not all illegals speak spainish.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you defending employers that we all know hire illegals on purpose? Just curious.

A system could be easily put into place that would verify a SSN is legal for work without giving away any info...if there were interest on the part of the gummint. But of course, this is not in the interest of the GOP, who are firmly in the pocket of big business and they surely don';t wanna fuck their biggest financial resource.

Regards,

SD

Tiger is right, there are easy ways to crack down on this. Simply put, you'd think the government could have some question when/if the same ssn is simultainiously used in California, and New York, and Florida all on the same day...you'd also think there should be some way to verify that the name and numbers match, a lot of these legal numbers are in deed fraudulently used.

As I said, some employers do need to verify data supplied by potential employees, many simply choose not to do it. Many never even ask for it.

A friend in the States was notified that his Social Security number was being used by someone else. The govmt was able to track it across the country as the perp moved around. How did they know it was being used by someone else? Well, the actually card holder is a WWII vet, but the person using the number was allegedly born in 1967!

Exactly. I have been the victim of identity fraud as well...the unemployment office notified me that I was working, and had applied for benifits. An investigation revealed several different people were using my number, using different names...seems no one ever checked. Taxes and SSI benifits had been paid into my account. You'd think they could/would at least try and do something...

[color:red]"Why are you defending employers that we all know hire illegals on purpose? Just curious."[/color]

I am not defending employers who hire illegals on purpose. I am against people who say the employer should be held responsible for hiring an illegal if the illegal produces documents that show he can work but are not legal documents. There are 50 states and each state has one or more different types of driving liscenses. How do I tell which liscenses are legal or not? No way for an employer to tell. How does an employer tell if a social security card is bogus? Still no way. I have even went to the local INS office and they refuse to check the information for me. Employers are not allowed such information and if they were, they would misuse it to snoop on other people, or at least I would.

[color:red]"As I said, some employers do need to verify data supplied by potential employees, many simply choose not to do it."[/color]

Where does an employer go to verify a driver's liscense is valid?

Why is it only the employers, who can't verify any of the data, get the shit sleeve?

Why not go after the person who rents an apartment to them? Sells them a home? The bank that provides them with a debit card? The hospital they go to for medical care?

[color:red]"As I said, some employers do need to verify data supplied by potential employees, many simply choose not to do it."[/color]

Where does an employer go to verify a driver's liscense is valid?

No ideas, I just know anyone working in a secure area (airport, federal building etc) has to get checked, no idea who does it or how.

Why is it only the employers, who can't verify any of the data, get the shit sleeve?

Many simply don't even try. The ones who try, and get scammed shou;ld probably not be fined etc...

Why not go after the person who rents an apartment to them? Sells them a home? The bank that provides them with a debit card? The hospital they go to for medical care?

Go after them as well! Make it as hard to operate illegally here as possible.

Okay, lets say we go after a landlord. The illegal shows up with some IDs. The landlord makes copies of the IDs. Now what? The IDs might be bogus. How can the landlord verify the ID's. He can't. If the landlord did have access to government computers to verify the illegals true ID,he could verify if the IDs are legal or not. But the landlord doesn't have this access. So what can a landlord do?

Archived