U.S. military buildup on Iran border

foreigner

MOSCOW, March 27 (RIA Novosti) - Russian military intelligence services are reporting a flurry of activity by U.S. Armed Forces near Iran's borders, a high-ranking security source said Tuesday.

"The latest military intelligence data point to heightened U.S. military preparations for both an air and ground operation against Iran," the official said, adding that the Pentagon has probably not yet made a final decision as to when an attack will be launched.

He said the Pentagon is looking for a way to deliver a strike against Iran "that would enable the Americans to bring the country to its knees at minimal cost."

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20070327/62697703.html

what the heck are the Persians thinking about ..

giving the insane biblical endowed hawks a 'legitimate / acceptable' excuse to massively bomb them into the stone age.

I'm going to top off my gas tank now!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say the Iranians have decided Britain wants no part of another expensive disastrous war. They could be right.

Massive misunderstanding of British opinion, make no mistake, 30% still support the war even with its chaos, it won't take much to shift those figures upwards, read the british media headlines now that the foreign office has turned them loose.

Iran is playing the wrong cards here.

JP

>Now who in their right mind would play war games in the most volatile area of the world? GWB.<

bush is like a loud belligerent drunk in the 'western asia bar & grill'.

Iran's grab seems a no win move.

[color:red]UNLESS[/color]

Iran sees that the drunk is so weak he is all show & no go.

the brits were boarding iranian vessels in a disputed area.

i used to listen to toni .. i now immediately change the channel, as i have done with du ba yah for 4 years, when his smug pug come on the screen.

Archived