Don Imus off air for "nappy headed hos" remark

foreigner

Two different ways to look at society now in a moral decline. Some may say that the '50s was more restrictive on your personal freedoms than today. You had congressional committees on 'un-american activities'. Are we in a moral decline or are we more free compared to the past and in that freedom you have some people who will take advantage and be more 'immoral' as it were. I don't know. But considering what we can do today would anyone prefer to bring back the society of the 1950s and 1960s? More respect for elders and authority yes, but also in those days you didn't get a divorce and if you were moving up the corporate ladder a divorce ended your career. Society was less tolerating. Try bringing Lek home in those days? Makes the problems today look like nothing. Every generation thinks its gone to the dogs and every generation is right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the first time the Iman apologized he spoke of his contract.. & that he was within his contract.

as soon as the out of court settlement is paid.. he will be back on the radio.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the little matter of about $40 million left on his contract with CBS Radio

The language, according to this source, was part of a five-year contract that went into effect in 2006 and that paid Imus close to $10 million a year. It stipulates that Imus be given a warning before being fired for doing what he made a career out of - making off-color jokes. The source described it as a "dog has one- bite clause." A lawsuit could be filed within a month, this person predicted.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/01/news/newsmakers/pluggedin_arango_imus.fortune/index.htm?

Imus has hired Martin Garbus, a New York-based attorney at the law firm Davis & Gilbert who is widely recognized as one of the country's most able First Amendment lawyers. Time Magazine, for one, has called him "legendary, one of the best trial lawyers in the country." He's successfully represented the comedian Lenny Bruce against criminal charges on First Amendment grounds, and the writer Robert Sam Anson in a lawsuit filed by Walt Disney trying to halt the publication of a book critical of the media giant.

I don't hate Imus myself. I've heard similar stuff out of him before (as well as Howard Stern, who I listened to as a kid actually and liked) so I wasnt outraged.

As far as the Rutgers girls, my guess is they wished the whole thing would have blown over quickly. From personal experience, when you're called a racial slur in a one on one situation and no one is around, you're angry but its much much worse when its in front of a lot of people. Its the public embarassment and shame of it. You are mixed with all kinds of emotions when its in that type of situation. Part of you wants to laugh it off and dismiss it to show the words have no effect, part of you want to kick the person's ass, and part of you wants to come up with the perfect response. If a guy drives by on a road and no one is around and shouts the N word to me I throw him half a peace sign and I'm momentarily upset but I don't carry it the whole day. However if he did it on a crowded street, its not only the guy but the looks of pity, etc. from the crowd that gets you angry. Hard to explain. If someone is overweight and called a fat ass one one one v. in front of a crowd. Or you're gay and called a fag one on one v. in front of a crowd.

As for Imus, he'll be back in some incarnation or another. The one thing about the U.S. if you're contrite and sincere we'll forgive anyone for just about anything...literally anything.

Forgiven? or always a catalyist for this type shit? or he could just go to satellite, and have a direct audience and say worse...

To me, what went wrong was all the opportunists who stoked this for their gain...some of the players might have wanted some attention, but for the most part, I think you are right, they just would have said "what an asshole" and let it go.

I am not required to listen to sean hannity & no one is required to listen to the Iman.

I do not consume chili pequinios, drinks with umbrellas or ice berg lettuce ..

i can decline & others may enjoy

>nappy headed hos<

1. several of the players are heavily tattooed = dummies actively seeking the gangsta ho look.

2. Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): nap·pi·er; -est

Etymology: nap

: KINKY :

apparently, any term a honky cracker uses to describe a person of the black persuasion is racist.

black hos?

african american hos?

hos of color?

[color:red]h[/color][color:green]o[/color]s[color:blue][/color] of color?

colored hos?

[color:red]what terms are appropriate to describe heavily tattooed womens of color on the radio?[/color]

remember in the same breath he said the un-tattooed black womens of the Tennessee team were attractive.

I hate it when I accidentally kiss a hos tattoo .. it's like steppin' on crack in the sidewalk .. bad luck

sorry, but heavily tattooed womens are stupid idiot hos .. the question is how to PC describe a heavily tattooed black woman on the radio?

we obviously need much thinner dictionaries.

& webster should eliminate all words beginning with 'nig' from the dictionary?

remember the pundant who was fired for properly using the english word 'niggardly' .. which has nothing to do with nappy or hos ..

just using a proper english word with consecutive letters that stupid idiots & most hos do not consider proper.

jimmy the greek was fired because he said slave mastas used standard age old breeding techniques.. duh?

you might be a redneck you've ever lost your wife in a poker game.

How do you measure a blonde's IQ?

With a tire gauge!

Why don't elephants ride bicycles?

They don't have thumbs to ring the bells.

Unfair or not, the 'dominant' or 'majority' culture is always open to ridicule and any formerly or presently downtrodden minority are off limits. Whether its blacks in America, jews in Germany or similar circumstances, it always amounts to the same thing. Its not fair perhaps but it is how it is. As a male anything I say about women is wrong and as a black anything that is said about me is construed as wrong...ironic.

It is what is. I just take life, one person at a time. Its all you can do sometimes.

I guess as white trash I feel I should get a PC break some where.

re: tambourine playing midgets, ie: big & rich's 4 ft Fred, should be treated as a more than a costumed stage props ..

should "4' fred" be denied employment / stage time because he is 4'?

& there is no truth to the claim that fred is forced to sleep in a guitar case on the bus.

Iman's constant inferring that terry bradshaw is gay during interviews (while displaying photos of disco terry from the 70s) .. was consistently followed by the PC fact that it is ok for terry to be gay.

granted fat women, nappy (Oprah) or not (Rosie), were shown little PC respect.

Archived