Don Imus off air for "nappy headed hos" remark

foreigner

A HUGE opportunity was missed here...

Imus was trying to apologize...the b'bsll lsdies should have accepted to do a b'ball game with Imus and whatever team he came up with.

Do it for charity, HUGE publicity, the b'ball ladies take the high road and let the chips fall where they may for Imus.

Oh no, can't do something like this. It has to be "all about me" and how the b'ball ladies were hurt soooo bad...farkin' A....move on, much bigger problems in the US of A then name calling...dahhhh

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rutgers team: We accept Imus apology

By DAVID PORTER, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 9 minutes ago

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. - Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer said Friday the team had accepted radio host Don Imus' apology. She said he deserves a chance to move on but hopes the furor his racist and sexist insult caused will be a catalyst for change.

"We, the Rutgers University Scarlet Knight basketball team, accept â?? accept â?? Mr. Imus' apology, and we are in the process of forgiving," Stringer read from a team statement a day after the women met personally with Imus and his wife.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070414/ap_on_en_ot/imus_protests

This whole Imus thing really is about race I think. He was calling the Rutgers girls hos because rappers use the word all the time. It was in poor taste but I can see where he might be using it to make a point about rap music.

Now I see Imus fans are sending hate mail to the Rutgers girls. Will it ever end?

The problem is, Now the "rightous" are calling to stop rap music and anything that "degrades WOMEN" yet of course violence/degredation of men is still o.k.

Imus sucked, didn't watch his show, or listen to it, but I see no need to ban him from making a living because he is an ashole...additional problems are, the guys who are calling for his head, have also used derogatory language towards others...Sharopton, Jackson etc...

Imus was about freedom of speech. I love that guy.

I do not remember anybody MAKING me listen to him.

Google George Orwell and Ayn Rand for the fun of it.

Really glad I am out of the states almost forever.

Yes I totally understand the freeddom of speech issues in Thailand.The place that I have lived in for 27 years half of EVERY year is also going to hell very quickly.

I still LOVE thailand alot and will die here.

Archived