Taking her home

panadolsandwich

Boomah

>>Treating the girls like human beings and following the golden rule. Yeah yeah, quite the cliché, but I find it works.<<

Boomah, I never said not to treat your girl like a human being.

Don't think I was referring to anything you said specifically, pretty much a general statement... No worries. As far as "Being the man", one can still do that while giving these girls the respect they deserve. When it comes to giving their lives some structure, I agree but there's a fine line between structure (as in guidance) and becoming overbearing. I still believe in giving the girls room to grow.

Back to the original poster, I hope this works out for the both of them. Seems like heâ??s genuinely concerned for her well being & thatâ??s what matters most, after all sheâ??s going to be well out of her comfort zone. Best wishes to both of them.

Ahui hou :beer:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Panadol,

Take the sdvice offered....for exactly what it's worth...

A lot of comments will be biased against getting involved.... read, observe and then Make you own call.... don't be led astray by the cynics!!! (...and NO, I'm not having a shot at OH here)..

Being accepted "is" special...I agree....good for you...

Well I accept you've just been accepted:

Hope it all works out well for you...."Different" girls DO exist....it's just that you have to be extremely "Lucky" to find one...

Welcome to the Club...

Chock dee krab

DS....(sometimes DC)

Well, welcome to the club indeed!!!

Felt like inviting a very, very hungry Panther into the very house.

I've been out of contact for a while. I'm surprised by the amount of posts here. It's gone off on a tangent, useful but not particularly enlightening. I'd hoped for more direct advise rather than generalized stereotyping.

Except this is a *specific* case and perhaps I haven't been informative enough?

One thing I do know is that I love this girl. Love can mean many different things to many people so let me define what it means to me.

Love to me means doing everything in your power to allow someone to grow spiritually. To respect her right to being an individual human being. To respect her religion. To recognise and acknowledge her beauty. To respect her family, her home, her belongings, her spiritual advisors, monks, and for the most part her King.

I love her, so I don't want her to be bored. Not as some people suggest I'd vilely desire to keep her housebound as some type of sex slave (don't you have any conscience or some type of *sympathy*?).

Of course she will be (sponsored). She will have the same amount of money I personally use when traveling aboard - minus accommodation of course. Hers for whatever she wants. I impose no restrictions on her.

When I studied, I wasn't locked in a room. Study freed me from poverty ultimately to put it bluntly. It allowed me to also get a better view - of wrong and right.

I suggest study for her, because I love her. I've got absolutely no problem with her meeting other students, or Professors. If she does find someone she likes better - than I have no hold over her (apart from whatever duties acting as a sponsor to Australia entails).

I'm not really pinning to much hope to myself with this one - about 50/50.

I'm not fussy - not in any way

Arai na?????

Dunno what your "smokin" Bro....but it seems to be messing with your head!!!!

If you're gunna quote me....do it accurately....no need for the add ins!!!!

Maybe good idea to re read your post after whatever it is wears off!

...no further comments from me in this thread...

Best of luck with your projects...DS

One thing I neglected to mention.

I'm going to get her here come hell or high water.

Literally.

If you don't know me - it may be a reckless understatement to say I'm not 'committed'.

I'm renowned for just getting things done.

I'm taking advise - from you - please let it be good.

What a thread!

Sounds like she'll be coming on some sort of tourist/student visa, I think I read waaay back that she was'nt allowed to work. Take a look at what she's doing now in Thailand and try to use that as some sort of cue...

9 days on is a bit of a stretch for her. You mentioned that she's lazy. If so, this may work in your favour. Without knowing yourself, your partner and your situation it's hard to voulunteer anything more useful that previosly posted.

I could tell you a little of my life from day to day here in Oz and maybe you can get some sort of gist, bearing in mind everyone is different.

My wife is 23, she just went back to Thailand recently to spend some time with her oldies before we both come back to Australia together in July. Her last stay in Australia was 11 months in duration. We have a daughter 3 years old and I'm 32. I work wierd hours, sometimes having to go away (not 9 days). My wife too I would describe in terms of motivation as lazy. Thats O.K. I did'nt marry a slave. She generally keeps busy most days tending to my extremely high maintenance daughter, surfing Thai websites and tidying the house, doing the washing, a daily afternoon nap with my daughter for a couple hours. Some people do have the life. Alike yourself I too feel I have entered the fold so to speak in her vilage and with her family. My wife does'nt drive and is quite O.K. not driving. I too am quite happy to take her out whenever she likes feels the need. Bottom line my wife is a home body. My wife loves staying at home, quite often I drag her out because of worry for her. My wife has the right to study and to work, she chooses to do neither. She just want's to be a mum and my housewife. She does'nt wan't to associate with other Thai's and my family (mum, dad, sis) are allways there for her.

The couple of things that my wife has found solace in are food, heaps of it, good stuff too, the phone and time with me :)

I guess the single best article of advice I could possibly give is that if you do bring her here and she does spend 9 days at home then make sure your 5 are hers! 100% If she's young and she loves you she'll do this but give her something tangeable and reward her for her patience.

If you try it might work out good for you and her, If you don't try, well......

Fatty....

We are going to try Fattie! More than that really. On one end she's decrying Buddha, and making prayers ; I'm on the other end pitilessly exposing bureaucracy for all my worth. I'm willing to create quite a fuss if this isn't rubber stamped. My new job will probably help - being in charge of a heritage listed site. It will be though - without a shadow of a doubt rubber stamped in my opinion.

It's funny; all the stereotypes, the naysayers, the men that have been burnt before. They nag at me like some ghastly creature.

What they don't understand is that if you have enough money - you're granted a free pass. As simple as that. You're immunized, you become inoculated against any treachery, indeed highly insured. The trivial amounts most people are fleeced for here in sunny Thailand, even their life savings, become laughable. Even if you're pursued in court most corporations settle (that is if you are at the top). If you ain't at the top - you're shit out of luck.

Anyhow, as it happens, I've managed to goat like, get pretty close to the top. With cunning (my best attribute), I will get there. Anyhow I miss her.

Sorry, more than a little bit drunk with that last post. Actually came back from the pub fairly fucking pissed. I think I even had this argument with someone about that Peter Garrett and I normally *never* talk politics. An ill wind I suppose.

I talked with her via Skype before I got pissed and things haven't been better. I urged her to get a driving license, by fair means or foul - whichever is the quickest. A lot of people asking about me back at her place. The local fish farm restaurant must really be feeling the pain from the sound of it. We used to eat there nearly every day. It was a good chance to get out of the house and drink Singh. We even used to take the boat out onto the lake if it was sunny enough. Man do I miss that place!

Archived