Wearing Shorts in Bangkok?

Heim_Hung

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel sorry for the cows after what that man just did to them.

They're made of cotton. A natural, breathing material that's really the best for the climate. No chemicals not animal cruelty involved.

As for wearing them in Bangkok, I think it depends what you're doing; some sightseeing or exploring they're great; on official business or nightlife, probably less so. :)

Interesting to see that fashion-nazis got imported into the sexpat community.

.....I am proud to declare that I wear nothing but long shorts' date=' t-shirt and sandals whenever I am in Thailand,.....[/quote']

I can't stand these long shorts, look rediculous on blokes. :(

Spants, I love em'

In the words of the great Arj Barker, Too long to be shorts, too short to be pants.

Spants!

FA...

It could be the shorts you wear occasionally , you know the ones from germany!

You know Munchie the ones you wear to cheer youself up with those special girls.

The leider Hosen (no idea how you spell it)

There are better than Teddys shorts especialy with his skinny legs and the jatz cracker hanging out the side everytime he sits down!

There are some simple, basic principles of fashion, and they don't emanate from "fashion nazis," they derive from good taste and courtesy to one's fellow humans (though admittedly, the cretins who walk down Sukhumvit with no shirt on--we've all seen them--are far more painful to the eyes than the shorts-wearers).

Grown men should not wear shorts in the central business areas of cosmopolitan, international cities. And as much evidence as seems to exist to the contrary sometimes, Bangkok fits this description.

Grown men should limit their public wearing of said garment to places like the beach or sporting events. When they wear them out in public in places like Bangkok, they look like either (if they wear them with a button-down shirt) Little Lord Fauntleroy, or (with a t-shirt) an overaged frat boy. Then again, I guess this latter look is something some are going for.

I think the grown men who wear shorts in public in Bangkok fall into two categories: those who never had any taste back in their own country, or those who once knew better, but "let themselves go" after reaching Thailand. And a part of that "letting go" involves losing all sense of comportment, taste and dignity when it comes to how one presents oneself in public.

Of course, let's face it, how can one claim to have ANY dignity left once one has paid cash for sex for the first time? (and I'm not talking about buying dinner for a date back in the West, so don't drag up that old tired argument...there IS a difference, and you know it)

Think about it. And before anyone gets all huffy, yes, I'm just as guilty of that prime dignity-losing activity as all you losers. Though at least I've kept my fashion sense, haha.

preahko

Of course, let's face it, how can one claim to have ANY dignity left once one has paid cash for sex for the first time? (and I'm not talking about buying dinner for a date back in the West, so don't drag up that old tired argument...there IS a difference, and you know it)

What's that got to do with dignity? :dunno:

To me, it's just buying a pleasurable good or service. You buy a beer. You get pleasure from it. Did you lose "dignity"? I could say "Why do you need to pay for that drink? Can't you have a good time without it, you saddo? :)

Ditto drugs, massage, buying a dinner ("can't you make your own dinner, you sad man?" :) )

All good. You exchange money for pleasure. You save time, get what you want. :thumbup:

Of course, you're right about the shorts.

Archived